1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dishonored

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monteur, 26 Sep 2012.

1. monteur

monteur What's a Dremel?

Since the release date is just around the corner i would like to share this video i found of a mini-series, for a "perhaps" awesome game! :) I'm really excited about it.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

This game is potentially looking very good indeed. If it is as 'open' as they say it is and the choices you make do actually make a difference then it could even be revolutionary.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

This is one of my most anticipated titles for the year, along with Borderlands 2 (which delivered everything I hoped for) and X-COM (Demo hints at awesomeness).

Everything, except for the myriad of release versions (thank you again Bethesda for being tw*ts), about this game looks incredible. The art-style, the mechanics, the open-world environments.

No doubt there will be loads of haters going "This is a s**t FPS, I keep dying" when they attempt to just wade through enemies instead of thinking their way through the slaughter, but I do hope that they have created something astounding and so far from everything I've read on it... they have.

4. TonyFrd

TonyFrd Banned

I believe that many players are thirst to get Dishonored.which will be release on 9th Oct in USA at Steam.If you are living in usa.You can enjoy it first.But if you are lliving in EU.you can wait to 12nd OCT.Good Luck GUYS.

5. monteur

monteur What's a Dremel?

next episode is up. enjoy! :)

6. Ozuruigbo

Ozuruigbo What's a Dremel?

Dishonered will be unlocked in the week after next week which made me really excited!

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Only played an hour or so last night, but I am enjoying this. So far I like the fact that you can play in lethal or non-lethal style - the latter adding to the tension somewhat. The visuals are nice and so far it is running very smoothly on my rig.

The setting is quite weird ,a sort of cyberpunk/Victorian setting. The only strange thing is that all the accents are American which somehow doesn't fit with the style. For instance, the policeman in the game look 'Victorian' and I kind of expect them to speak with an East London accent, but they don't!

Anyway I will play on today with bouts of XCOM and War of The Roses interspersed!

8. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Just bought this on a recommendation. Looking forward to playing this.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

played it at Eurogamer, played it 2 days ago via "alternative method", can't wait to play it properly on my purchased copy.

this game is the rare games that I paid full price for. Portal 2 was the other game. I fully support developers that makes the player think, it's what gaming is all about.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

That threw me off a bit as well. With the pseudo-Victorian look, a name of "Dunwall" and people such as the "Lord Regent" I was expecting that thick "Hugh Grant accent" of British people as imagined by Americans.

11. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

I have now completed it. It's definitely a refreshing new IP, if a little short. I attribute this to the fact that it has varying story lines. I will definitely be replaying it, hopefully a little more stealthily this time. I would've preferred it open world, so you could explore the world a little more, rather than the boat system.

Altogether highly recommended from me.

12. format

format What's a Dremel?

I've been loving the game so far. Been trying to kill as little as possible and be very stealthy about it all. Great game.

13. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer What's a Dremel?

This game looks seriously awesome, I think I might have to get it :D

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Popped an order in for this with Amazon today. Exciting stuff. :D

15. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Don't get some of the flaming this has received post release. Admittedly was really worried I'd bought a **** Bioshock after the intro mission but it gets so much better. Can't stop the killing as some of the death possible is brilliant. Looking forward to re-running some of the missions to be super-stealthy and improve upon my initial efforts.

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I think the reason it got flamed was because of the pirate scene, many people would have gotten the game before UK release, played the prison escape and thought it was a crappy console port.

truth is the game only become great once you started customising your character to your play style.

Although one thing I've found is that there isn't enough non-lethal stealth upgrades. Windblast, summon rats, more health and turning dead into ashes seems to be worthless for non-lethal approach.

Jaybles likes this.
  17. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Agreed. My first playthrough I tried a bit of stealth but ended up slaughtering a lot of people, but on the second playthrough (trying really hard to be stealthy) picking my skills I've just looked at them going well that will be useless, and that one, and that one etc.

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Agreed - I am playing total stealth and there are only really 3 skills of any use. It's a shame really as I feel I am collecting the heart thingies (jeez my memory is fading fast!!) for nothing but the achievement!

Edit...

Runes dammit Runes!

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

To keep from ranting I'll just say that I agree 100%. If you've not paid anything it's easy to find any small problem and quit, and you can pat yourself on the back and say it's bad so you wouldn't buy it anyway to calm your conscience.

I had my concerns at first. You don't even have any powers for the prison escape, and for a while after you still get plenty of messages holding your hand with how to "play your way" and how to use the heart. The game hasn't really started until after the Golden Cat mission. After that it expands, you start having access to all of the customizations and alternate paths that are available and the greatness of the game becomes apparent.

This is one aspect that could have been better. So many of the combat mechanics are just completely useless in a stealth playthrough. Max blink, dark vision, time stop, and agility. Done. The rest of the powers and game mechanics may as well not even exist. On the flip side, there's an achievement for playing the game with only blink to consider trying.

20. NRG IT - Olly

NRG IT - Olly What's a Dremel?

I just finished this last night. I've not really played many games lately and this was a great one to start up again with! I played it stealthily, not really killing anybody and like others have said, the upgrades aren't really very tempting unless you're killing people. Having said that, when I got to the flooded level I just killed anyone and everyone, except the main targets (not sure why). I think used dark vision far too much. But overall I really enjoyed this and loved how it looks. I think I'll be playing this one through again.