1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterfall Trickling Sound in Front Radiator

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Quantum-192, 13 Aug 2016.

1. Quantum-192

Quantum-192 What's a Dremel?

Hi all. Filled The loop on Evie today and started the bleeding which went surprisingly well and easy. Trouble is I've been left with a strange issue....

The top rad is perfectly quiet so I presume rid of air but on my front mounted radiator (Black Ice SR2 280) I have a small waterfall like trickling sound which I assume is due to a trapped air pocket at the top of the rad.

On this rad I have both the loop input and output at the top of the radiator with the output returning to the reservoir. I have tried all kinds of case tipping a pump pulsing but can't get rid of it.

Only thing I can think of now is cracking open one of the other radiator blanking plugs to try and bleed the air out that way (until coolant flows out)?

Any thoughts on this waterfall tricking sound and how to get rid of it as its the only thing stopping Evie running dead silent.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

It will clear eventually but can take a long time. You can try laying the case on its side making sure you position the res so it doesn't leak and remove the res filler plug. Looking at your layout a length of tubing temporarily connected to the fill port might be safest way to avoid a spill.

Alternatively (after looking at the finished pics) send it to me to look after and start building a new one.