1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Does anyone have a legit copy of PS they could sell me?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by gar, 6 Apr 2015.

1. gar

gar Minimodder

I have this in the FS section already, but I've not made any progress. Could anyone sell me a copy, must be legit obviously, but aything from Photoshop 7 onwards. CS3 or 2 would be idea really,

many thanks!

2. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

I'd go with something newer than CS2, as adobe shut down the activation servers a while back and a key was widely disseminated that skips activation (ends in 1431). If someone (other than a respected bit-tech member) tried to sell you a key, there would be no good way of telling if it was legit or not, as you have to use the above mentioned key regardless iirc.

3. gar

gar Minimodder

Thanks for the advice.Does that mean even with a key I'd not be able to use a legit copy? Sorry if I appear obtuse!

What do you think I should go for bearing in mind im on a tight budget?

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Well the best I can suggest at this stage is to get the free trial of Photoshop CC to start you off, and that'll last for 30 days iirc. I currently pay Adobe about £15 per month for the full CC suite (I'm a student) so I'm afraid there's not much I can do to help you re. getting the product.

Considering your tight budget I'd say that ebay is your best option if you really want to buy it legitimately - you can get a genuine copy of CS3 for under £100.

However, having said all that, it's probably better for you to try something free like gimp.

5. gar

gar Minimodder

I downloaded it from adobe a few years ago, wonder if I could do it again. I really cannot find one good copy of photoshop for windows at all tbh, sadly.
    Thank you for the advice, I think I'm getting closer to my target!lol

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

To take an alternative approach, is there something in Photoshop that you absolutely need? What do you expect to do with Photoshop that you couldn't do with one of the other competing products? I ask because you've mentioned that CS3 would be ideal, but since it was released 8 years ago you could probably find what you need in a different, newer program.

If you must stay with Adobe and can't afford the Creative Cloud subscription, there's always Photoshop Elements. It can be had for a reasonable price, and sometimes you can find a deal that includes Photoshop and Premiere Elements in a bundle.

7. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

What do you need it for? If it's for photography then Elements or Lightroom can do what most people need and you can add plugins.

^^^^HEY, I was typing that :lol:

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I had Photoshop 7 many moons ago, and may have the key in a mail or some filed paperwork somewhere that you can have if I find it. Don't hold your breath though - that was a long time ago.

Alternatively you could get a copy from another source and just pretend I had given you the key? I'm not sure if it would even work now anyway with the activation servers being switched off and all.

9. gar

gar Minimodder

hanks guys. Yea ps 7 would be more than enogh. tbh, I want ps because iv been using it for graphics for over 15 years and i love it. Siimply a must have program in my opinion!

10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Considering how old PS7 is, and if you say that would be good enough, then I would seriously consider trying Gimpshop. It's come a long way since its early days, and the newest version may be just fine for what you need. And it's free.

11. gar

gar Minimodder

I wont rule it out at all. Although i just know everything up to cs3 like the back of my hand, intend to en up with the newer ps if I earn seom decent money. Will try the download and see what happens in the meantime!

12. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Dont touch Gimpshop....

Go to gimp itself.
    http://www.gimp.org/

13. gar

gar Minimodder

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the Photoshop package. It's really because iv been using it 15 years. I'm sure the gimp software is great all the same :)

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

No sign of my PS7 key, unfortunately. I suspect it was in my old uni mail, so never to be seen again.

15. gar

gar Minimodder

Oh well, thanks for looking for me. ps7 disappeared a few years back too. Maybe it's for the best.lol