1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus P8Z68-V Pro - VGA_LED RED!

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by big-bert, 10 Sep 2011.

1. big-bert

big-bert What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys

I was hopefully well underway to reach my next milestone in 2 days, when suddenly my mobo's VGA_LED lighted up. Now all of a sudden i am not able to post. The whole system is turning on but it just won't post. Can't even here the single beep.

Anyone with the same problem, who figured out a solution, please help.

2. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

That red led is indicating the is potentially problem with your GTX580, maybe try sticking in one of your 560s to double check whether its the card or another issue, motherboard or power.

3. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Take the video card out and try running off the internal graphics (this will give you the most efficient folding in terms of PPD/Watt :))

4. big-bert

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I've tried the on board video, the gtx560 ti, a gtx260, a gtx210, all have the same issue the vga led is lighting. I was kind of glad that it wasn't the 580 that had the problem. But i still don't have a clue, anyway i'll be taking apart the system and will be trying it with bare minimum. Any other suggestions will really be appreciated. Thanks

5. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

As it's the mobos VGA led, I'm tempted to say have you tried re-seating the CPU?

Check the mobo-CPU pins that none of them are bent too.

6. One_Box

I assume you have reset the bios to default settings and removed the board from the case ?

Other than Tattysnuc's suggestion, try changing the PSU from another board.

If you cannot get it to post it's probably a mobo fault (I had a P8P67 recently that stopped posting for no reason [changed out by Scan without problem])

7. big-bert

Found the problem, it was the memory, removed the 2 sticks that were on slots A1 and B1.

8. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Wow, that is not at all weird. The VGA led indicating there is a fault with the ram :confused: Good to hear you got it sorted.

9. One_Box

Glad you sorted it, I must admit memory was not on my list for your particular fault.

We learn every day !