1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 9 Nov 2005.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

wow, that game looks the mutts nuts :eeek:

3. Petor

Petor What's a Dremel?

those screen shots... AWESOME :D

4. K-man

K-man What's a Dremel?

I need new hardware! :D

5. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

I know what you mean!

- H.

6. The_Pope

If you think the screenshots look hot, you should check out the videos on www.elderscrolls.com

O
    M
    F
    G
    :jawdrop:

and I don't even like RPGs!!!

7. Muunsyr

Muunsyr What's a Dremel?

Hurrah! Multi-threaded gameing. My 4400+ was not in vain. Now I just need a graphics card to match.

I would almost skip Christmas to get to Oblivion's release, go Bethesda.

8. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

god i need money, lots of it for my new hardware o_0

9. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Things like this just make me realise how poor i am, or at least how poor i will be when the induced need to update my system takes hold

10. The_Pope

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

words cannot express how much I need this game, and how glad I am that theyre working in multiple threads

Was mentioning to someone just last week how dual-core support would be fantastic in this game due to the masses of AI calculations. coincidentally, my opteron 165 shipped out this morning, perfect :D

for the record, I stopped counting at 300 hours on morrowind :worried:

12. The_Pope

That's two hours per day EVERY DAY for FIVE MONTHS. Or maybe even 1 hour a day, every day for almost a year!

Hate to see Confessions of a WoW Addict!

13. kye

kye What's a Dremel?

You should do an article like this about The Witcher.

http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp

An RPG but inspired by fallout, and thus a little...adult :rock: :D

Considering the lack of decent RPG's, this one sounds like a baldurs gate, not some "blend" trying to create something new with rpg. Just hardcore rpg :D

hopefully. :worried:

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Tbh, it was probably more than 300 hours.
    ~12 hours a day for a couple weeks and then a few hours every few days for several months :worried:

15. stephen2002

stephen2002 What's a Dremel?

It looks so very pretty, yet the animations are just as bad as the previous games. They just go into and out of a generic walk cycle and get dragged around on the ground, no attempt at all to keep the feet proper when making a turn, walking on a slope, or up and down stairs. Either way I'll probably get this when it comes out simply because it looks so good :D

16. dom_

dom_ --->

17. The_Pope

by the way, it isn't mentioned specifically in the interview, so I can't confirm it for sure, but did anyone notice all the lurvely HDR? :D

18. Nottheking

Nottheking What's a Dremel?

Just as an ad-on note to the article, multi-core CPUs were commercially non-existant at the time of E3 2005. This means that the videos you can find at the official site are done with a single-core processor. To think; it's heavily thread-optimized, AND will still run great on a single-core CPU. That means with a dual-core CPU... Best make sure to wear your bib!
    What, you might doubt the speed of the Elder Scrolls community? :D
    It be the purdy HDR all right. That was covered quite some time ago in another interview, over at the site called Evil Avatar. I'm still surprised that a number of people consider it to look unrealistic, until I remember that most of them probably haven't bothered to go outside during the day for the past few years. :p

19. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

Wow, the game looks gorgeous. Seems like there's going to be LOTS of HDR, which is nice... but I'm thinking I'm going to get very distracted very easily. I'm already easily distracted by shiny objects, but a world full of HDR? Sweeeeeeet. It's going to be interesting to see how this compares to Project Offset in terms of graphics. Either way, can't wait, and good for them for not releasing too early.

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

That was why I didn't ask about the HDR...already covered. Gavin was more than forthcoming with all of my questions, however...a true shout-out to the guys (and leading gal who helped me) over at Bethesda is in order.

I personally was amazed at the multithread abilities of it...when they started writing this game, MT processors weren't even around. But they knew they'd have it for the 360, so they were able to bring it into the PC version. Exciting stuff, makes me glad I'm saving my pennies for the new X2 setup I want.

Mr_Tad, FYI...I stopped counting at 175 in Morrowind...and that was only the wandering around. God knows how long I actually took on the game. And I still go back to it. ES3 was one of the best games ever, I'm just out of my mind with glee for this one to come out. I'm glad to see others are as excited about this as I am...I can't wait to bring a review to you all!!!

Tags: Add Tags