1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia 800M laptop graphics launches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Last week I was in Germany and was looking at laptops as I am thinking of buying a new one for my girlfriend who lives there and I noticed that several were labelled to include 840M GPUs.

Can't say I am happy with the mixed architectures used across the 800M series.

Can someone also suggest where a good comparison (or reviews of mobile parts) can be made between the performance of desktop parts and mobile parts as I know they are vastly different even if they carry the same model number? As I would like to know and understand exactly what I am getting for my money and the mobile market seems a very clouded area these days.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Wonder how much the top end version of this will cost.

4. SchizoFrog

Shouldn't be too hard to work out as the top end is a higher clocked 780M as stated in the article. So I would imagine the same or a little less as manufacturing processes mature further.

5. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

There are some good gpu comparisons on notebook review. They have a list of all gpus, desktop and mobile which have all been tested against quite a few games. I will hunt out a link if I remember later.

I can only find this right now, hope it helps:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

(remember to select both desktop and laptop GPUs in the menu at the top)

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Some correction needed here. The 860M comes in both Kepler & Maxwell forms:

Kepler - 1152 cores @ 797+ boost
    Maxwell - 640 cores @ 1029 + boost

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7834/nvidia-geforce-800m-lineup-battery-boost

(Sorry for linking to a competing site here but the Nvidia website doesn't specify the difference beyond core count).

Good to see the 870M gets a decent boost. The old 770M was quite frankly crap in comparison to the 780M.

7. SchizoFrog

Any idea when we will start to see mainstream laptops with 850M and 860M parts?

Tags: Add Tags