1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows boss Sinofsky leaves Microsoft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Nov 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

jumping the sinking ship.

windiows 8 fail
    windows home servers fail

both due to not listening or asking what customers want.

azrael- likes this.
  3. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Sign offsky.

azrael- likes this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Man, why didn't *I* think of that for a tagline?

5. Sub-particle 0.76

Sub-particle 0.76 What's a Dremel?

The BIG boss should go too for that methink no scratch that, be gone he must

6. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

7. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

Because it was too obvious? Causing your editorial skills to come into question.

8. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

finally, the face of the devil! create **** and chaos and leave.

9. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Jumping before pushed, methinks.

10. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Traitor. How could he?

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Even though I'm thrilled to see Sign-off-sky (kudos to dolphie) leave (mainly thanks to the Windows 8 fiasco), I'm less thrilled having Julie Larson-Green taking over the reins. No offence, but the female gender tends to favour shiny over useful to a much larger degree than its male counterpart. There's a reason for the phrase "wife acceptancy factor", after all. ;)

Still, I will withhold final judgment until I see what the Windows team comes up with under her guidance. I really really really want to be proved wrong and shown to be the misogynistic old pig that I surely am... :p

12. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I, like the rest of the world, want Ballmer gone! He is largely responsible for the holding back of windows. Now I'm no big windows fan but if it wasn't for DirectX and companies using windows specific software more people would be on linux/osx. The financial secter have been after Ballmer's scalp since Gates left. In all honesty I really can't believe he still has his job.

13. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    The right woman for W8, then.

14. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Goodbye mate, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, because a woman with a maths degree, business qualifications and a 20-year track record at Microsoft reaching the upper echelons of management must just be a pretty face who likes shiny things. Balmer must just be an idiot who coasts by running a multi-billion software company on pure luck. Sinofsky must just be suddenly bailing on Windows 8 because he had no idea what it was going to be like and he thinks it is rubbish, or being pushed because Balmer was disappointed with it. It was like, he saw Windows 8 for the first time at its launch event and went: "Crap, that looks rubbish! Sinofsky, you're fired!".

I mean, obviously Microsoft has no idea what it is doing. It's not like it is the number one software company or something. It just hires and fires people for no particular reason. It just fundamentally redesigns its number one cash-cow OS just on a whim.

Christ, I despair of this place.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2012
  16. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

There has been a large portion of investors that have wanted Balmer gone for a long time, but Gates always seemed to have his back. Since Gates has gone the calling for him to go is getting larger all the time. It is so widely believed that he is holding the company back that it is now regarded as fact.

Remember when it spent two and a half years on developing it's cash-cow OS just to drop it and start from scratch?
    Considering the monopoly it has, the size of its user base, the financial position it is in, why is it four years behind Apple with touch? Why do complaints with user interface in your alpha/beta still make it through to retail? If your trying to have a unified platform why is your 6 month old device (WP7.5) not supported by your new device (Surface)? If people and companies weren't so invested in the windows platform the company would be close to bust now.

17. Nexxo

And Apple hasn't made strange product choices in the past, or suddenly axed projects? Nothing new under the sun.

It's tricky to run a colossus like Microsoft. That's why the first thing Steve Jobs did when he came back to Apple is streamline its product range and the company. Microsoft may well be doing the same now. It is behind on commercially implementing touch (in the labs it is on a par with, if not ahead of Apple), but it also produced Kinect.

18. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

:lol::D Yep, I've recently decided not to bother replying to a lot of posts, Oh right, I'll keep quiet then :rolleyes:

Last edited: 15 Nov 2012
  19. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Yeah suddenly axing products can happen. Although I don't know any company that cancels its primary product after two and a half years. You have to have bad management to plough that long with your primary revenue maker and then decide to can it.

Why is Microsoft so far behind on implementing touch though? It has a large computer base and was the most popular smartphone os before iOS. This should have meant a 6 to 12 month gap if they were ahead in touch. Upto two years if they were on par. I'm not an apple fanboy or windows hater, I'm just pointing out that the leader at Microsoft is absolutely *rubbish* and needs to be replaced. He is always so far of the mark its unreal.

20. Nexxo

Why? Because nobody wanted it. The technology was not up to it and when Apple released an exquisitely balanced iPad to make up for that lack of power to battery ratio, people moaned that it was "not a real computer". Heck, most people on this forum slated the iPad (see what I did there? :p). That has always been Microsoft's target audience: people who want proper mouse-and-keyboard rigs with Windows OS.

As is proved by the same people going into spasms of paroxism at the recent touch-friendly changes in Windows 8.