1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by AoE, 14 Dec 2011.

1. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Does this board have ACC (Advanced Clock Caliberation)? in BIOS?

2. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Is this available with any new BIOS Updates or?

3. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

says to enable AM3+AMD fx cpu support you have to upgrade the bios, there is a beta one there and a few others which are recent enough. got my info here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901#ov

can only see something about easy tune and cloud OC, it has dual bios as well and not too sure about that but I think that would mean you could have 1 original bios and your OC bios ready to switch at a click of a button, dont hold me to that though just guessing.

4. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

cheers more helpful than the gigabyte staff

5. Nonforgo

Nonforgo What's a Dremel?

that right

yes, that right my friend :)

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I'd have to warn you though; Should you get a 1.0 Revision board; it will not play Saints Row 3 or Portal 2, even with the latest F6f beta bios. It does appear that the 1.1 and 1.2 version boards are capable of working with the application. Sadly I can't ask gigabyte at this time, as their entire support staff is off till the 3rd of Jan.

7. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

By ACC if you mean do you have total control over every setting, then the answer is yes.
    The dual Bios is a fail safe so if you bork one with a dodgy update then the other will kick in. It's totally inaccessible and it set to factory defaults and can't be altered in any way.