1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling LF Waterchill owners: my pump refuses to turn over

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by MrWizard6600, 31 Dec 2012.

1. MrWizard6600

MrWizard6600 What's a Dremel?

Anybody here have a waterchill Standard-Extreme 12V pump?

I bought a liquid cooling kit on clearance a year ago and am only now putting it all together. As it stands now its an Asetek pump with swiftech triple rad and an EK CPU and GPU block.

According to their documentation, it sounds like the pump is supposed to spin up as soon as its got a 12V connection, but looking at it under a volt-meter, I cant get it to power up no matter what. There's no voltage across the two leads headed to the pump ever.

A few notes:
    - If I plug a fan into the asetek pump control board it will spin up.
    - the D4 LED lights up, but the D3 LED does not. (if you own this pump, can you check this out for me?)

Anybody got some experience with this pump? I'd like to swap the controller on this one, any change one of you guys would be willing to part with one? Would pay for shipping & your time ofc.

Cheers,

-Geoff

2. MrWizard6600

Alright gents: bump

Frede Stropp, my man at Asetek has stopped returning my e-mails --still a big thank you to him since he sent me 4 more controller boards free of charge... from Denmark... via express air shipping. Very cool.

I also bought a replacement board from kit-tronics.

I've tried 2 of my 5 new controller boards, all of them have the same issue mentioned above.

None of them put any voltage across the two leads running to the pump housing.

I really need some help here gents, anything worth trying or should I just replace the pump? I'd kind've like to get this mystery sorted out.

3. MrWizard6600

final bump? Between school and work term, have money and time, not going to happen again for a while, appreciate any advice.