1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Can you run Tomb Raider?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 23 Feb 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Recommended system requirements that were provided by Square-Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

Tomb Raider.

2. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

No problem playing it but the game is going the way of many new games and requires that Steaming pile of sh*t that is Steam so even though I have bought and played all the TR games since 1996 I won't be buying this one.

Info from http://tombraiders.net/stella/tomb9.html

It will be available for Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The PC version will be digital download only (no physical DVD) in the Americas. Both downloadable and DVD versions will be available in Europe. (Details about other regions have not yet been announced.) The developers have said they are striving to include full keyboard and mouse support for the PC version.

Nice of them to consider making it playable with k/board and mouse, WTF :wallbash:

Info from here.
    Q: Is Tomb Raider a Steamworks title?

“Yes, Tomb Raider uses Steamworks for achievements, Steam Cloud save games, multiplayer match making, as well as leaderboards.”

MULTIPLAYER, the best single player game ever and they have to try and m/p it, just how the hell is that going to work :miffed:

Q: Will the game require the disc to be in the computer or is it able to directly download from Steam?

“Yes, when you buy the game in a store you will get a CD-Key for Steam. Just entering this code on your Steam account will allow you to download the game, so you do not necessarily need the disk. The disk is just there so you do not have to download all that data.”

Q: Will there be any DRM?

“We do not believe in strong anti-consumer DRM methods, so apart from the game using Steamworks and it having to be authenticated with your Steam account there is no additional DRM.”

Another game that will be unplayable and worthless after it has been activated, the used game market is dying rapidly as most new games require one time activation.
    F**k Steam and the shi**y attitude that so many game makers have toward game buyers these days, yet another piece of software you buy and don't own because it's useless and worthless after activation.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

to be honest its requirements are small,

Compare them with crysis 3 recommend specs.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Agreed, specs not way out there at all. A moot point for me though as i always play TR on the playstation. Just a tradition since ps1 days.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have been thinking of renewing my friendship with the PS1 I was bedridden for a while and bought myself one but as soon as I was up and about I sold it, I am still asking myself why. Tomb Raider,Resident Evil, My first ever game Alien Trilogy. A game that was set in Egypt and had blue crabs amongst its monsters who's name escapes me. Yep will need to get another one.

6. ShinyAli

Do you mean blue scorpions "Exhumed" was a good game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Feb 2013
    Kronos likes this.
  7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That's the one.Well done. Must keep a note of it.Thanks. +rep.

8. October

October Mariachi Style

Wait, wut? So...you only buy games so you can sell them again? Cos that's the only way I see Steam making a game useless to you.

In what universe does it make a game unplayable? :eyebrow:

:rolleyes: obvious troll is obvious I guess but I'm sick of these Steam suxx0rs rants, it just doesn't.

Edit: Also, derp?

I Greenman v2 I likes this.
  9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Agreed. Steam isn't bad at all. Wish every game I owned was via Steam. Makes life so much simpler.

10. JoshH

JoshH What's a Dremel?

The spec requirements seem low, I'd say most/all on here will be up to and way above those reqs

11. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

While I do love steam as its one of the biggest reasons why I got into PC gaming, and it has taken some of the power away from publishers, I do feel slightly worried that if valve goes bankrupt/power mad then all those games could disappear.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

+1, not so keen on Uplay or Origin mind.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Steam is probably the one of the few things to keep pc gaming going in the last few years.

The Indie market has thrived in steams marketplace, As have other game types that would of sold very poor in an open market with little to no distribution.

You have to remember something in the uk at least you can no longer buy pc games in most computer stores.

Outside of the top 10 sellers game does not sell pc games. Same with all the big supermarkets if its not in the top 10 forget it.

Torchlight 1 and 2 would never of made either best seller list but its still one of the best pc titles ive played in a while. Similar thing with Dungeon Defenders. Endless space, Sins of a solar empire list really does go on and on.

Without steam those games would not exist its as simple as that as the publishers off them could not afford to pay the fees that big companies expect.

14. ShinyAli

I'm no silly troll and the universe I live in means it pisses me off when I pay £50 of my hard earned for a game that once it has been activated through steam can't be activated again so it's worthless and has a resale value of zero, maybe you have money to throw away but for years people have sold used games to help buy new ones and if you don't like steam rants please don't read them cause they ain't going away :nono:

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Feb 2013
  15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

If you don't like paying £50 a pop for games that can't be resold, the simple solution is not to buy them at release, but to wait and pick them up a few months later in a sale for closer to £15.

16. ShinyAli

:read:

So games are disposable now are they :rolleyes:

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What?????

It's a completely valid point. If your bothered about paying £50 and not being able to sell it on to fund another game, buy it when its cheaper, and you've saved yourself the same amount of money as if you'd bought it for full price then sold it on.

18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm sorry, where did I suggest that games are "disposable"?

19. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Those look like recommendations from two years ago :D

The German supreme court has just recently ruled that software has the same rights as any physical product and Valve has been notified that they are going to court over the way their system works, might take one or two years before they have a result but either way it is going to be interesting.

At the same time there are forces within the EU that are starting to move on the subject, so let us just say that if the current development continues, the ability to resell all digital goods is surely coming.

That is unless you are an American, then you are pretty much screwed, but I guess they are used to handing over their basic consumer rights to the industry without much fuss.

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Steam has already changed its terms of service to show the above court case in EU since about july last year. It now says something similar to what blizzards EULA is, you dont own the product your just licencing it hence get around all this stuff in one blow.

Tags: