1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD releases Catalyst 12.11, new Radeon games bundles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Oct 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Who in their right mind would buy 2 78XX's?

I can understand the top bundle being a 79XX, but 2 78XX and you only get 2 of the games? And worse performances?

Come on AMD, get with the programme.

3. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

What countries is this promotion restricted to?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Still waiting to hear back from AMD on that - I'll update the story as and when they get back to me.

5. Gareth Halfacree

AMD says it'll be EMEA-wide (plus the US and a few other places, naturally) with the relevant UK retailers being: Overclockers, DABS, Scan, Aria, CCL, eBuyer, Novatech and DinoPC.

Chicken76 likes this.
  6. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Thank you Gareth.
    I understand the promotion will start when the 12.11 driver is going to be released as stable, right? But is there any info on how long this promotion is going to last? Is this a "promo available while stock lasts" kind of deal, as in they have a fixed number of game copies/codes to give?

Also, is there any information on how this promotion is going to run? Are new customers going to find in their boxes some game cards/vouchers, or do they have to register their card's S/N on a site to receive game keys?

7. james888

james888 What's a Dremel?

8. TC93

TC93 What's a Dremel?

Whats with the stupid full page ads you have to hunt to find the ext out of on here? It makes you not want to visit here.

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

10. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

Good point.....they should have made the bundle more crossfire friendly.......say 6 games available so you can select which 3 you want with each of your 79xx, which two with each of your 78xx etc etc.

Still the flip side of it being done this way is that there will be plenty of cheap game download tokens on ebay.

11. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

Hmm, isn't the 8xxx series "just around" the corner, like, the beginning of next year? This doesn't entice me enough to buy a 7970 just yet...

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Will AMD stay in business long enough to release a 8xxx series, GPU department not making huge cash.

13. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Round the corner is 2 months away, so I would say that a 7970 is still a good buy, especially with all the price drops.