1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project MonoBits (Extreme Prodigy Build) - The case is back to gether 14 Sep 2012

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KoSoVaR^, 27 Aug 2012.

1. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Hello everyone!

Now it's time for me to finally start another project!
    I got the idea when I saw a preview image that BitFenix ​​had posted on their Facebook page and I was instantly in love with the case, I thought to my self that I really wanted that case and hopefully do a buildlog from it. I immediately started talking to people on various forums and websites, but also some who posted reviews on Youtube and asked about different dimensions so I could start sketching how I would like to have the build. My goals are extraordinary and should strive to do the best Prodigybuild made so far. I will go with a full setup of watercooling into this project, i will try to make it as highend as i can make it, everything that can be watercooled in this build will be. I will build and mod everything to perfection and having fun throughout the whole project. It will normally include a lot of sleeving and lots of other things and I will keep the project relatively short so it will hopefully be updated at least once or twice a week. That was it for the little speech, and here comes the additional information on the project, I hope you think this is interesting and I wish you pleasant reading!

Hardware:
    Case: BitFenix ​​Prodigy White
    Power Supply: Silverstone Straider Plus 850w
    Motherboard: Zotac Z68-ITX WiFi
    processor: Inter Sandy Bridge 2500K
    Memory: Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHz
    Graphics Card: Asus GTX570 Direct CU II
    SSD: 2x 120GB Corsair Neutron GTX

Watercooling
    Fans: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure 120mm Fan
    Controller: mCubed T-balancer MiniNG
    Radiators: 1x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 120mm, 2x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
    CPU-Block: Bitspower CPU Block Summit EF (Intel) (Acrylic Top Version)
    RAM-Block: Bitspower Galaxy Freezer 2
    GPU-Block:
    Reservoir: Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 (Black POM Cap) (Model Name: BP-D5TOPUK150P-BKBKCL)
    Pump: Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition
    PumpTop: D5 MOD TOP V2 (POM Version) + D5/MCP655 MOD KIT (Model Name: BP-655D5P2-MBK)
    Tube: Primochill 7/16"ID, 5/8"OD Clear
    Fittings & Acessories: Bitspower
    22x G1/4" Bronze Age Compression Fitting CC6 For ID 7/16" OD 5/8" Tube (Model Name: BP-BACPF-CC6)
    10x G1/4" Bronze Age Rotary 45-Degree IG1/4" Extender (Model Name: BP-BA45R)
    10x G1/4" Bronze Age Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender (Model Name: BP-BA90R)
    2x G1/4" Bronze Age Triple Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender (Model Name: BP-BA90R3D)
    8x G1/4" Bronze Age Stop Fitting (Model Name: BP-BAWP-C06)
    2x G1/4" Matt Black CaseTop Water-Fill SET (Model Name: BP-MBWP-C04)
    4x Thermal Pad A (94x19x0.5MM) (Model Name: BP-WBTP-A)
    1x Matt Black Mini Valve With Black Handle (Model Name: BP-MVV-MBKBK)
    1x Bitspower Flow Indicator (Model Name: BP-FI-CLBKMBK)

MonoBits is sponsored by:
    Aqua Tuning
    Bitspower
    Corsair
    Silverstone

Please visit and Like my Facebook Page and you will see my news, sneakpeaks, buildlogs, sleeving and much more!

Last edited: 16 Apr 2013
    YEHBABY likes this.
  2. KoSoVaR^

Here are the Scetchups, Yes i know...The case hase some improvements today from what i did in the sketchupmodel, i hope you like it so far !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YEHBABY likes this.
  3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Oh goodness, Kosovar doing a SFF build!? This is going to be great!

4. KoSoVaR^

Hehe...Rather doing onother one ;) remember chocolate temptation ?
    I hope so ;)

5. Stark.Jr

Stark.Jr What's a Dremel?

And what are you going to do whit that project now, when you have started a new one? :eyebrow:

6. KoSoVaR^

Time for another update guys!
    Today i bought the Bitfenix Prodigy, The white version because of the very clean looking front
    Some pictures on the beauty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case was free from damages and artifacts etc and im glad about it, the swedish delivery firms are not that greatful with the stuff sometimes
    Tomorrow i will take everything down for some prep work but more about that tomorow night as i am going to the workshop :)

7. KoSoVaR^

Dont worry my friend, i will finish it as soon the cnc-company can take and finish my things :)

8. Stark.Jr

Stark.Jr What's a Dremel?

Sounds good :rock::thumb: i do want to see that and this project done :D

//Stark.Jr

9. KoSoVaR^

I will work on the case, and ge it finished, installing the hardware in not that hard ;)
    Its a longtimeproject and i will make the best of it!

And you will my friend :)

Dont forgett to subbscibe and like my FBpage :)!

10. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Looking good, just got myself one of these Prodigy cases to play with so will be watching with interest :)

11. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

looking forward excitedly

good luck

Subbed

12. KoSoVaR^

Thanks guys, i will be updating tonigh when im back home :)!
    Today i made some progress on the demounting :D

13. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

Yes! strip it! Love the design

14. KoSoVaR^

Here it comes !

Hello Guys!
    Today I had time to do a litel bit
    I took down everything from the case, removed the hard drive cages, the 5.25 " bay and the fans, right now it's just the headchasis left and it will be modified a bit. I want to keep this build as clean as possible and I will not over do it somehow...designwise ;)
    Here you have some pictures of the work so far.

The origginal inside of the case

[​IMG]

I started removing the first harddrive cage which sat in place with a thumbscrew :)

[​IMG]

The next step was to remove the 240mm fanfilter on the top but also the front which went very fast and had just a simple locking mechaism and some clips, god its easy to work with the case!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now at last, the fans and the 5,25" Bay, everything i needed to do here was to remove some more screws and they were gone! I didnt need to use the dremel or my drill :)!
    I will give my thumbs up for this awsome construktion, this is how it should be !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An empty naked Prodigy, its some serious eyecandy!

[​IMG]

This was tonights update, i hope that my pacage from Aquatuning arrives tomorrow och the next day after.
    More about that when it arrives and then i will be making another update,
    Dont forget to comment and subscribe please :)
    Se you until next time !

15. KoSoVaR^

Halloj!
    I received a rather unexpected package yesterday, and it was from Silverstone sponsoring me with a Straider 850w Plus (ST85F-P)
    I thank a lot for your help and the very quick delivery :)!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What can I say about this PSU?
    The power supply is very quiet, it has good efficiency and looks overall very good.
    The only drawback is their multi-colored cables ...
    There will be no problem for me in this case, because I will make my own from scratch instead, so I can get the right length and no hassles inside the case :)

It was the update for this time guys!
    / V.B

Last edited: 11 Sep 2012
  16. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Nice start, really look forward to more!
    Now go and paint that PSU white! :thumb:

17. KoSoVaR^

Thank you mate.
    Naah, i will keep it black otherwise this wouldent be mono :), i want a bit of contrast in my buils as everything is simply plain white :) you will se a lot more:clap:

Last edited: 31 Aug 2012
  18. KoSoVaR^

Thank you mate.
    Naah, i will keep it black itherwise this wouldent be mono :), i want a bit of contrast in my buils as everything is simply plain white :) you will se a lot more !

19. KoSoVaR^

Hey everyone!
    I now have an important package that helps me to see what happens with the water cooling inside the computer.
    This package is from my good friend Andreas Walter who works over at Aquatuning :)
    The content cinsists the latest full copper radiators from Alphacool who says to cool very well, regardless of their sizes, these radiators can also be found in brutal depths if you are the one who want the best of the best :)

[​IMG]

I thank Andreas a lot for his support in my project and that he kindly sponsored me with theese following items:
    Alphacool VPP655 - single edition
    Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 120mm
    Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
    Swiftech ClearFlex60 16/12mm

A rather big pacage :)

[​IMG]

Lots cardboard... it protects the stuff good anyway, which only is an advantage for me.

[​IMG]

Now to the content :) I love those boxes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow i will be testing if the rads fits inside the case... I'm keeping my fingers crossed right now!

20. KoSoVaR^

Sorry that this update was a little late, do have a lot sleeveworks right now and regret priority over construction of the project.
    It is a bit sad that I get so little feedback here on Bit-Tech, this is after all my english home and favourite forum :(
    Some more comments, feedback, suggestions, and much more would have been really nice!

Now on to what i have done:
    -I have been scetching on how I will mount the rads for the most optimal tuberouting
    -Mounted radiators (got a little problem with frontrad)
    -Mounted some hardware :)

Plans for what to do:
    -Paint some details in dark gray
    -Moddify the frontplate so that the frontrad fits into place
    -Sleevt the PSU and other wiring
    -Mount the water blocks
    -Mount the hardware
    -Mount the fittings and the tubes
    -Fil the system up and leak test
    -Game the heck out of it in Dreamhack Winter 2012!
    -Photo Shoot in the studio

Now the radiators are finnaly inside. ... but i had some problems with the frontrad... I need do moddify the baseplate of the frontpanel a little, so that the rad could fit to the bottom of the case as the endtank of the 240mm rad touches the front panel bottom plate , it shall be easy to fix with the dremel :)

It took several tries before I found the optimal location for water connection holes ... but damn good it was if one may say so myself ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the problem, the radiator cant sit toward the front panel, but it should be fixed pretty fast while those details I have chosen to be prepared for the paintjob.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mounted the motherboard inside to get an overview of the whole thing, it looks very good so far!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then i mounted an GTX470 and played with a sleevad extension cable of how it would look :)

[​IMG]

All the radiators are attached with very clean looking 6mm UNC-32 screws from MDPC-X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snapcaps for the rear radiator screws... It's the details that make everything ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for this time ... i hope to however to get more comments and feedback from all of you!
    I know you can do better: D!

Best Regards
    / Venhar