1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by daveypro, 29 Oct 2014.

1. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

For a forum of gamers i find it surprising some of you arent waxing lyrical, I am loving it. Just waiting for the CoD kill off soon, as my friends go back to that same old shooter stuff.

anyone else enjoying your Destiny?

2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I am enjoying it quite a bit* in a good fireteam but find the game can get stale quickly solo. There needs to be more content and ideally more environments to explore.

*I say a bit, I have a level 28 Warlock (with Pigtails! :p) and a level 21 Hunter.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

First DLC for Destiny releases Dec 9th.

I'm enjoying it, but i have stopped playing for some time now.

Sam

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Enjoying the game but on Xbox One instead of the PS4.

Got one Warlock at LVL 28, and another Warlock at LVL 27.

Need to get farming some spirit bloom and helium, so I can upgrade my armor but I also need to get some Ascendent Shards as I have none left.

Still need to do the Vault Of Glass, but trying to get 5 other players to join is a pain.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I am loving it too, though on 360 and later Xbox One (yay for the download special).

Got my Hunter to almost 29 now, but the Raid only gives me ascendant materials and Chatterwhite, so 30 is a way off! Titan is 26, Warlock is 25. I play it quite a lot :D

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I got bored at level 24 (second character only level 10); the grinding became too much for me so I stopped playing. I did enjoy it up to that point though and I'll probably bag the DLC if the story missions are any good.

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I think the particular kind of 'grinding' in Destiny must appeal to my completionist nature as I find it far less boring than levelling up my Borderlands characters. I love Borderlands to death, but having to just go through the story again and again in a linear fashion or killing the same bosses 3 times and then getting no more XP from them made it stale fairly quickly.

In Destiny I can level up new gear & guns by doing easy things (daily bounties/patrols) on my own while I watch Netflix/chat on Skype, etc. or by doing harder strikes and raids with friends. One of my friends got to 25 and got bored because he said everything took ages to level up, but then we found out he did Patrols and PvP but never took any bounties :duh: I think all the years of playing Animal Crossing have got me into the do daily 'duties' whilst multitasking mindset. I'm levelling up with the Cryptarch, Vanguard, Factions, etc. without trying which is nice.

I am seriously sick of getting no gear, just Chatterwhite in the raids though... and my Jackolytes/Flight of Shadows don't work on my main character :(

8. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

dailies with friends, much more bearable, i am from a long time wow background and this game has me hooked so much so i am almost regretting pre-ordering WoD...

got 30 shards and no armour to upgrade now :( unless i get a raid on which is proving elusive to say the least...

9. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

I got 2 characters to 29 and got bored :p Just isn't enough to do, and compared to other MMO's the raiding is a joke. It's hard, but there is nothing engaging about the damn thing.

10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Quick update; I am now running a level 28 Warlock (half way to 29 - need more shards, only seem to get energy :(), level 26 Hunter (nearly at 27) and a level 13 Warlock.

The idea with the third character is that I can share armour from my primary, effectively giving me two level 28/29 Warlocks.

Out of all three my Hunter is the most fun to play as. I think the combination of the triple jump and the ability to stab things in the face swings it for me. :D

The one thing I have found that keeps my interest is to not take anything too seriously. Once you start following every "MAXMIUM FARMING EFFICIENCY" guide the game becomes more like work than fun.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm having more fun playing this than Halo MCC so far (Xbox One, obviously).

Hunter (both sub-classes full upgraded) lvl 27/28 depending on equipped armor

Helmet
    Knucklehead radar (exotic) 2 upgrades left
    Mask of the Third Man (exotic) 2 upgrades left
    Dustwalker (Legendary) Fully upgraded

Gauntlets
    Young Ahamkara's Spine (Exotic) 2 upgrades left
    Dustwalker (legendary) Fully upgraded
    Ghost Angel (legendary) 4 upgrades left

Chest
    Crest of Alpha Lupi (Exotic) Fully upgraded
    Dustwalker (Legendary) fully upgraded

Boots
    Dustwalker (legendary) fully upgraded
    Sojourn Boots (Legendary) 3 upgrades left
    Exodus Boots (Legendary) 3 upgrades left

My Titan (Striker sub-class Fully upgraded, working on upgrading Defender) has 2 exotic helmets and the rest are all legendary (level 27/28).

My Warlock is only a level 3 though.
    And I haven't even attempted the raid yet though.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Finally got my last piece of Raid gear last night to get my 3 warlocks to level 30.

I have the Raid boots on each on warlock and a exotic head piece on each which are fully upgraded, also have 3 Atheons Epilogues on each which 2 are fully upgraded the 3rd is 90% upgraded.

Will be trying to get my raid gloves upgraded today and the last atheons upgraded fully today, but waiting for my Avermedia capture card to turn up, and then I need to test that on my laptop and see how it copes with recording to a external hdd otherwise I need, to get it set up on my pc.

Hardly touch Halo MCC since I bought it as I have just smashing Destiny.

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Got my first piece of Raid armor last night (boots). I'm not happy with the changes to the marketplace, selling upgrade materials was the only way I'd get Crucible marks (I'm not overly fond of the PvP) and now that the merchants have swapped from buying to selling material it's made the factions pointless.

14. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Xbox or Playstation, me (k1teninja) & Mark (Blademrk) can always need more people to raid :)

I made the foolish mistake of purchasing some Helium last night to see if it gave you vangard rep but alas 10 marks down and nothing to show for it lol.

15. rma

rma Minimodder

Very tired of Bungie and their unannounced changes :(

An hour before the patch I 'wasted' a bunch of Ascendent Energy upgrading some slots in exotics... an hour later, those Energies are no longer required for those upgrade slots but, as I hadn't completed the weapon upgrades, I still need to source Exotic Shards to complete them!

I, too, used to trade in materials for Vanguard Marks every week, as I patrol a lot and collect a lot of spare materials. Again, unannounced, they swap "sell materials for marks" to "sell marks for materials". WTF would I want more materials!!! Why not leave the "sell materials" in there, too, to allow players to trade stuff in the direction they need!

The bug with not getting a mail package for your first gold public event of the day is exteremely annoying and won't be fixed until later this week, apparently. Who knows if we'll be mailed out the missing packages. My Warlock main is 29 and finished until the expansion hits but I don't think I've been able to upgrade anything on my 27 Hunter or 27 Titan in the past week as I've only received 1 or 2 shards/energies in total!

<sigh>

Tempted just to stay off the game all this week whilst the patch/expansion hits as it's bound to be crawling with bugs!

And why don't Bungie use some sort of MotD feature when you login to alert players to upcoming changes or planned server maintenance etc!

As bad as Blizzard are, at least they know how to communicate with their player base.
    Bungie just suck at that!

16. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

anyone played the DLC yet?
    Any issues with it (and have they fixed the Postmaster/public events problem)?

17. E1TSY

E1TSY A cog in the bit-tech machine

I am a big fan of Destiny :) But sad to see this has been labelled a PS4 thread :( Yay for XBOX ONE :)

18. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Add me k1teninja :).

Got the piece of Raid armor I needed last night did the VOG quick at 1am lol :) now lvl 30 should have enough light once I upgrade my Exotic for lvl 31.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Tried the new raid last the other night and it's pathetic.

The amount of Thralls at the start and the "weight of light" make it stupidly difficult as they will pretty much one shot you at level 30.

The end of the raid looking at videos, all the enemies are level 32 and it's apparently glitchy.

Either way this game is starting to get on my nerves.

20. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

At level 30 you can survive 3-4 hits from the Thralls before dying. My level 28 hunter (down from 29 upgrading new VG armour) was able to survive one hit from a level 30 thrall.

There are two strategies for this:

1) Have one person (preferably a blade dancing hunter with agility perks & MIDA) run as fast as possible to the end (not easy but do-able). The rest of the team will follow on behind with no resistance until right near the end. One Titan FOH and you are through. Survive the wave of enemies until the bridge opens and head on through.

2) Work together as a group methodically killing any Thrall that gets in your way / slows you down. If someone goes down hold station and revive.

One you get to the end it would be advisable for a titan to drop a Blessing of light bubble to give the team an armour buff + blind the enemies. Only one person needs to make it across into the "light" thus have 5 hold the line and one person make a run for it. Alternatively once clear (ish) all 6 run across.

Just wait for the second section if you didn't like the thralls....

Our team got to the second section but couldn't make it across before we had to disband due to work etc. We know the strategy for getting across but be prepared for a hell of a fight! Enemies are level 31 in the second section (level 29's beware!) and 32 once you get past this fight.

Quick tip for anyone with more than one character: You can get the first chest in the raid (head left at the start and hug the wall until you get to a doorway with an orange light (there is more than one doorway) by running it solo. You don't need to be level 30+ and you can quit as soon as you get the chest.

My Warlocks are now at level 30.5 with only an Exotic re-roll required for level 31. My hunter is level 29 but I have a strategy for getting her to level 31 quickly as well.

Now I just need better weapons.