1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Deep Silver defends Metro Redux pricing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Aug 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

so they were planning on patching it, but saw it was impossible so they released it this way...

so were you planning on charging for the patch before you realized it cannot be patched?

if not then why charge existing customers with the same game attached to the "un-patchable" update after? it is not retail, so the digital download of the entire game again is more of a hinder to existing customers than you correct?

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Will look at the prices tonight to see if Steam are actually doing the 50% off or not, but looking on the store at work the games are £16.99 each so £8.50 for each if you have the 50% is not to bad but I still have, not played through Metro or Metro Last Light so I don't know if I should just buy the Redux versions and play through them or play through the originals.

4. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Isn't the argument for the developer being unfair similar to say "I bought X film when it was released, now you have released the Directors cut, I want that for free or sell me a disc with only the extras"?

When you buy something you decide if the value of what you are buying is good or not at that time, yes then you buy, no then you don't. Progress happens, don't like it, don't buy it. You still have what you paid for and thought was good value then.

Oh, I see Intel has released a new chip that is better than mine - does that mean they should upgrade me, or come to my house to professionally overclock my chip? No.

All I hear here is more self entitlement.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They are free to charge whatever they want.

And I'm free to not buy it because I already own enough games to last me until I die of old age.

6. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Agreed. People buying games don't have a magic right to all and any future updates.

If you're not bothered enough to pay the extra, then don't.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

How do you judge if something is good or not if you have no idea what it's like. Last Light has some pretty glaring problems with it's Ranger Mode which I did not know about that need to be fixed with a patch not a £8.50 glorified DLC.

Your argument of Intel processors is not even relevant, as a new chip is just that, new. If this was Metro 3 being released no one would have problem but it isn't, it's Last Light Redux, the same game that was released just a year ago but tarted up a bit and the problems removed.

I don't have a problem with the Redux itself. I don't even mind paying to get the upgraded graphics. What I do mind is that the original Last Light is not getting the fixes Redux is promised, the things that have nothing all to do with the new engine.

Last edited: 11 Aug 2014
  8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I'll be buying it, got the originals and the DLC's and I still play them.

You can't expect them to do it for free.

9. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

oh look a cow how can we milk it in a new way,
    and make more money for less effort .

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Grr.

Those that are moaning about having to pay for the Redux versions are prime examples of tw@s ruining it for the rest of us. As AlphaAngel says, self entitlement. Don't want to pay for them? THEN DON'T BUY THEM!

The Metro series is fantastic. The more money they earn the better as that will hopefully mean a third Metro game. Metro last Light was probably the game of the year, beating high profile, high development cost games like Crysis 3.

I bought the Redux versions without hesitation as 4A Games are doing fine work.

11. Fracture

Fracture What's a Dremel?

Vote with your wallets, not your internet egos

12. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

cough Devil's canyon cough

(Oh and the GTX 770 and under, bar the 750ti, oh and the R9 280X and under)

13. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Just bought them both How people can complain paying £16 for the two is beyond me?