1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Nokia music alternative?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Archtronics, 12 Nov 2013.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Just moved from my Nokia 920 to the new Nexus and I'm looking for an app that basically does what nokia music does but I'm have trouble finding one any ideas?

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Spotify & Napster?

Napster is an extra £2 a month but can be used on more than one machine at once.

But they're not free, which I believe is the perk of the Nokia's.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

XBox Music, of course!
    Plus you get to enjoy it on any Windows device, and have access to it via the web (although, more primitive version, but gets the job done in viewing your collection and playing).
    Unlimited music download, unlimited music streaming, no ads.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It only works on droid devices if you have the subscription [like a lot of others] iirc

Can't really suggest an alternative as i'm not sure what nokia music does/how it works...

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ah ok. I didn't know this. I knew that they have the app for Android and iOS, I didn't know you needed a subscription model to enjoy music from it. I guess free listening, will remain a Windows 8 (RT 8) exclusive ability.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I know you need a sub to use it on the xbox [even though it's xbox music ¬_¬]... and after 6 months you're limited to 10 hours a month...

as i said in the last post, without knowing how nokia music works [is it a streaming service, a store, a media player or all of the above] i can't suggest an alternative...

Last edited: 13 Nov 2013
  7. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Google Play Music is being touted hard on the Nexus devices. It's sub based I think (with a free trial) and looks similar to Spotify et al.

If you're looking more for a music/media manager then Google Play is fine - takes care of your library, playlists, recommendations, etc...

That aside, Winamp?

Like the other chaps have posted, let us know exactly what features you're looking for.

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Basically Nokia music let's you download play lists ie top charts and listen to it offline but you can only skip 6 songs an hour. Worked really well at work as background music that updates itself, best bit is it was free. Spotify etc work great but a tenner a month is overpriced especially since I only pay £6.00 for Netflix.

9. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

I'd probably try LastFM, see what you think.