1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress [Project Mod] "SOUL TREE AVATAR"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DEFCON Emy, 19 Nov 2010.

1. DEFCON Emy

DEFCON Emy The Emy Charger

Good day boys, siccome today they are to house are put to play designing to me on the ideas for my next one mod ...... and from my fantasy this sketch has exited ........

[​IMG]

Now watched the details also because in design I'm not Giotto, but is not what I have for the time being overhead for being able to realize this work. The branches as in the film they will be alternated with branches and cables in illuminated fiber optic, the spirit of the tree will be made with of the iron thread covered with plastic model in order simulating the log and the corteccia, in the roots s' the illuminated fiber optics like the film . In the below part there will be obviously all hardware, than will be looked at through of big windows, that I still do not have in mind like making, the bathtub will be large with inside that small (as it is looked at from the sketch visualized in green), made it specifies and identical like in the BioLab with inside a model of Avatar….Other things will come to me later on in mind of this Modding…. Syntonized remained thanks and will be looked at some of the beautiful ones!

2. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Could be very interesting :)

3. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Wow. took me a while to read that. but yeah, will be interesting. I really want to see the optic fiber stuff.

4. DEFCON Emy

Here as the tree will have to come ..... and it will be enormous because it will have to contain besides optics fiber, cables USB and part of hardware .......

[​IMG]

Bye bye.....

5. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

hardware in the tree? does it grow on there? you should use "core i7" and "GTX580" seeds for it.

6. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Ghetto Paint Mod.

7. DEFCON Emy

I task to put a small part of the hardware (maybe the hd) and output USB will be put in the cavities of the log ......

8. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

It's a very very big tree if you plan to put an hd (2,5 I hope) inside :D
    How do you plan to light the fibre optics?
    Because usually only the endind point light up.

ciauz

Last edited: 21 Nov 2010
  9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

10. DEFCON Emy

11. DEFCON Emy

Hello finally acquired the optics fiber here that made part of a lamp led of Ikea suggested to me from Weisses….and task that alternating them one to the others would have to be also of the just length ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now me it does not remain that to take of the green stuff or bicomponent plastilina, iron thread and resin and to begin to model of my tree ...... at this point we are waited for still a little .......goodbye!!

Last edited: 14 Dec 2010
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

This will be interesting.

13. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

I've only ever worked with fiber optic cables once, and it was an endglow cable (as I imagine these are also) and the one tip I think you might want to hear is that if you have to alter the cables lengths, use a hot-knife to cut the cables. If the ends are not flush or have a jagged cut it drastically reduces the brightness of the cable.

I found that using a hot knife and then sanding the end of the cable worked well (I think I used 1300 grit sandpaper?).

Cool idea though, can't wait to see progress!

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesome, after viewing your outstandingly awesome LOTR mod I am very much subscribing to this :jawdrop::thumb:. I guess it will take a long time to make but am very keen to follow this one from the start :thumb:.

15. DEFCON Emy

Hello excused the waits, but I must at least have in mind like realizing the case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously opportunely it will be modified, instead that to be two separate modules they will be united in order to contain total hardware with one of the two containers for the liquid ....... this will be inside of the case ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other largest one will be in the below part of tree and will simulate the unoptanium ........

[​IMG]

And then the tree will be inserted in a plastic much realistic one of Pandora, where the module-case will rest you ....... I have already all in my head I hope to realize it ....... Been syntonized monday it is begun ........

16. nagyizom

nagyizom Minimodder

Interesting ideas!

17. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Fantastic idea Defcon, done right this should look stunning!

18. DEFCON Emy

Finally part! Today afternoon I have made a turn to the Briko ...... and here my purchases

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After to have centered the plywood for the measure that serves to me that is 40x40cm I trace the circumference of the base of tree with the hole to the center for the passage of cables for the led, output usb, headphone and microphone ....... Remembered that under to this base the container-tube of the liquid green-blue that it will simulate the unoptanium and will have the same dimensions of the plywood with un' height of approximately 20cm .......

[​IMG]

Now cut with the Dremel .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Detail of the used tip in order to make the circle the center ...... watched some imperfections has not made all of haste also because then all it will completely be covered of clay, therefore does not import to have a perfect circle….

[​IMG]

Here roughly where will come put the greater roots (those numbered) and the secondary roots........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remained comfortable tomorrow with others up ......

19. DEFCON Emy

New up ....... here as it is proceeded: for first thing I have given a layer of assembling in order to make to attack the clay to the wood, later on I have given the form of the root and have made a kind of dam for being able to put the initially liquid resin as. I have coiled two you spin of iron in order to make the structure of the tree (in all will be 12), I have supported the thread inside of the two clay cords and I have poured the resin so that then after hardening I will have a very solid base in order then to make the log of tree ........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The continuous adventure remained syntonized goodbye.

20. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Love it! :)