1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo: 'Hardcore gamers will accept Wii U'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. guvnar

guvnar What's a Dremel?

wii'll see...

3. Xir

Xir Modder

as long as they STILL haven't managed to release a set with controllers for two players... Meh!

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

So it's a Wii with essentially a DS controller for your TV. I think I'd like to see one in real life before making a judgement. The main thing that let the Wii down was the lack of mainstream games, so I'd hope with the extra processing power, they'd rectify this.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY

5. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i wouldnt consider my-self a haed-core gamer but im not a recreational gamer either, im serious about my gaming to a certain degree but even i wouldnt want a nintendo wii u, ive got my xbox for motion control games and for my halo games and forza and such thats as recreational as i t gets.

6. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

The Wii was terrible. I've only played it with my family at xmas etc.. Its a kids platform Nintendo accept it.

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The got a positive media response because for some bizarre reason, most of the gaming media are Nintendo fanboys/girls. Seriously, giving 10/10 to Ocarina of Time, which is simply a remake of an old game?

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

This comes the same day as Nintendo gives the middle finger to hardcore gamers regarding the localisation of three major JRPGs for Wii, two of which are already being dubbed in English.

"Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!"

All this talk of getting back to the hardcore when they can't even localise a couple of games thousands of people have pestered them about. They seem to think that telling gamers what they want (more Mario!) instead of giving them what they ask for is treating fans with respect. Piss off Nintendo, 3rd party publishers have been outshining you for years.

9. Gigglebyte

Gigglebyte :3

I think that other hardcore gamers will agree with me that HD isn't everything for consoles, especially when they sacrifice actualy gameplay and replay value to up their visuals.
    The only time I use a Wii is at a LAN where we play 8 player bomberman for a while, that can he hilarious but that is it for the Wii and me. I don't see how the Wiiewe will change that.

10. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Hardcore gamers won't 'accept'/use it. It'll sell well regardless.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Hardcore gamers don't play on consoles.

12. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Why pander to hardcore gamers, Nintendo? Anyone I ever met who self applied that term was an obnoxious bigot whose only gaming interests were MMORPGs and FPSs, live off someone else's money and have an elitist streak wider than the Tory party. Don't placate these idiots, scare them away! Oh wait, you already did. Cool! Now go back to your office and make sure Pikmin 3 rocks.

13. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Console is NEVER for hardcore gamers.

Anyway, this console looks promising and inovative. I really don't understand why people see it so negatively.

14. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

the usual bit tech pc elitism is alive I see

15. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I think the problem here is, that Nintendo has no clue as to who these "hardcore gamers" are that it's aiming at and what they want.
    Even within the gaming community determining who or what constitutes a "hardcore gamer" is a much debated subject so it's unlikely that Nintendo are going to have a clue as to what it is.

I've said it before, Nintendo branded themselves the kings of casual gaming with the Wii which destroyed them as a serious platform.

16. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Who knows right? Let's just wait and see how this thing will materialize..

17. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

So...

"Imma hardcore, and I use a Wii."

I didn't think so either.

18. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Yep, this is a PC dominated forum so I expected some "console gamers aren't hardcore". Do we really have to be at war with console users? CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I accept consoles - for sport and racing games (and Kinnect). The rest is a joke. First person shooter or realtime strategy on console ? Don't make me laugh. I don't care for the platform itself, but when the whole genre on a platform has autoaim built in because otherwise you wouldn't be able to shoot anyone in FPS, then there is something wrong with it and you cannot label it "hardcore" anymore.

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I still think about how I can watercool it.. :lol:

Tags: Add Tags