1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Word Processing - Mac & iOS

Discussion in 'Software' started by craigp84, 10 Mar 2012.

1. craigp84

craigp84 What's a Dremel?

I'm hitting the limits of Google Docs and i need to churn out a few documents over the coming weeks. I primarily use a mac but also being editable on iOS would be a major help. I need to output in Word's .doc format and .pdf format.

Seems Apple Pages or M$ Office are the choices?

Pages seems ok (i have the 30 day iWork '09 trial just now), but tables can't span across pages which is a pain. It's cheap at £13 on the mac app store, has built in PDF export but some of it's formatting doesn't work with iOS pages like i expected. It's also a bit of a pain to sync changes from the iPad.

The new version with proper iCloud support will be too late as it isn't supposed to be coming until MacOS Mountain Lion.

Talking of semi-confirmed rumours, MS Office for the iPad may be in the works but i need it within 2 weeks. Office 2011 for the Mac has a 30 day trial which i might give a whirl anyway and if i remember right i can get office through the work for circa £10.

So for short term, it seems i'm at an impasse! Any suggestions?

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

3. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

4. craigp84

craigp84 What's a Dremel?

Is that still around? Good idea although I had a quick scan and I can't find any .odt editors for ios. that means exporting to .doc which iOS pages doesn't handle multi page tables from :-(

5. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

If you have a student email account you can get office mac edition for about £40 from software4student.

6. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Just a note the student microsoft stuff stops end of this month