1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Any small form factor boards with 2 PCI slots?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ac4155, 7 Jul 2010.

1. ac4155

ac4155 What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I don't think there are but is there any mini-ITX or motherboards that will fit in the Lian li PC-Q08 which have two pci slots which will allow me to have a sound card and a Tv tuner in at the same time.

If not is there any other solution which would allow me to have a TV tuner and sound card?

I don't think there is a solution and that i will have to rely on the on board graphics then i get around to building the htpc.

thanks for the help.
    AC

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

There's not really enough space on an itx board for 2 pci slots.
    Most have sound onboard anyway. If you go for an ion you'll get fairly decent graphics as well.

3. ac4155

ac4155 What's a Dremel?

the board i plan on going for if there is not a solution for two pci slots would be this:
    Zotac h55-itx http://www.ebuyer.com/product/220410

Would this be able to have 5.1 speakers hooked up to it fine?
    Edit: according to the description it should be able to have 7.1 audio.

Sorry for so many questions.
    AC

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The only SFF motherboard with two card slots that I can think of are some Shuttle boards. You might also get lucky with some industrial boards, but those may not perfectly fit the mainstream mini-ITX cases. The cases only have two card slots so you can install a dual-slot graphic card or an expansion USB/Firewire/e-SATA pci-panel in the extra slot.

And yes, it has integrated sound card so you don't necessarily need a separate one.