1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Buyers Guide

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bede, 27 Apr 2012.

1. Bede

Bede Minimodder

It's the feature of bit-tech I've found most interesting over the years - putting all the reviews etc into practice for a full system - why did it get dropped?

September 2011 is way out of date. You can make an argument for many of the components still being valid, but not all of them. It wouldn't take much to give it a once-over every month and update it, and it would certainly make you look a tad more professional.

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

There's about 3 threads on this subject now lol Brumgrunt saidthey're waiting until IB release (which it now is) so a new guide should be out soon :D

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Still waiting for the 3570k review :waah:

Pretty sure that this will be the de facto gaming chip in the next buyer's guide.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

To be honest, given the difference between the 26/2700K and the 3770K, I doubt the 3570K is going to be much improvement either. Though of course, it'll make it into the buyer's guide. This might be after the 2500K disappears though I reckon.

5. Bede

Bede Minimodder

3570K stats are included in the 3770K's tables :) IB isn't ground-breaking, but it brings subtle improvements (and small power savings) that are useful. I'd definitely recommend a 3570K over a 2500K now.

6. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

I have to second the comments about the Hardware Buyers Guide the latest one being September 2011 is really poor to be honest. I know that the hardware doesn't always change that much month to month that it is a bit of a joke.

They used to be a really good read and nice to base a build around. Mind you there really doesn't seem to be many hardware reviews on BT any more its gone downhill a lot and have had to jump ship tbh.

I also hope they have also stopped with the sponsored yahoo or AOL links which looked like BT articles but aren't like the "Top 10 worst work uniforms"

Are we going to get some more hardware reviews soon? Nice to see that they have added Nas devices in though.

7. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

I have to agree with Rapp. The quantity of articles seems to be diminishing.

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Is it reasonable to assume that BT can't afford as many staff to write original content, test and update? I find it hard to believe they have the same budget prior to the changes.

The buyers guide is becoming a bit of a joke. I would simply pull it down..

Or keep it there for 4 more months so we can celebrate its birthday..

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It was the buyers guide that brought me to Bit Tech. But then used the forum to get all my queries answered.

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

As far as I know there was a statement a couple of months back, that the buyer guide would be ressurected when IB was out because it was believed that IB would stir up whatever guide they would have put together.

11. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

They should definitely make this a more consistent feature of Bittech.

A new one every quarter is the most sensible in my eyes, as I can imagine it being too time-consuming to do every month.

12. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

It's back, from tomorrow. Thanks for your patience with us. It's back for good, too...

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Good stuff! I'm really looking forward to seeing what's changed since September.

14. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

Good to hear! The buyer's guides have always been very informative and provide some good debates in the comments section.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

15. nuc13ar

nuc13ar What's a Dremel?

again, thanks for reinstating the article. much enjoyed.