1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Broken ZIF Connector Dell Latitude XT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 12modderz, 10 Aug 2012.

1. 12modderz

12modderz L33T еÐ3!

I was trying to install an 1.8" Sandisk SSD into my Dell Latitude XT this morning and failed to get it to work. When re-connecting the hardrive, I noticed that the connector had pulled out the pins from the motherboard, (molex), hence the HDD would not work either.

As I am now without the ZIF connector, I can only think of two possible options.

I have seen Mini-PCIe to ZIF adapters on ebay - although they normal mention the EEEPC900

Can mini PCIe do PATA natively or does the EEEPC900 have a specially modified mini PCI-E?

My other option is to use a USB adapter. As I don't really want the thing hanging out the side of my PC, I was wondering how it could be wired internally.
    At the moment I am wondering how difficult it would be to tap off the Truemobile 360 Cable? I understand that this uses USB with a few additional wires for radio etc - does anybody have a pinout?

Regards,
    Tim