1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Oh The Horror! BF3 just isn't all that good

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Action_Parsnip, 22 Apr 2012.

1. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

I don't like BF3,

I'm 14 hours in now or there abouts. I must have 1000 hours+ in BF2. It just has not clicked for me.

BF3 is just that bit too inaccessible, overly complicated, there's beauty in simplicity and it's lost some of that, the unlock guns just add a bit *too* much in your favour, your soldier moves like all slow and stodgy, you don't have to pick your shots to kill people, just add foregrip and heavy barrel, zoom in and spray spray spray, the jets are somehow actually boring now, about as compelling as a round sat in the uncap in a jeep driving around in circles, transport choppers can actually face down Vodniks and hmmvs even when caught by surprise, the idiocy that is 1 grenade per person, yes it stops 'nade spamming, but now camping is the norm.

Camping is now *more* prevalent than it was in BF2. Back in those days a grenade barrage or a sniper would make very short work of you.

....can't look behind you in a Jet?? What the hell is that!!

Only 1 external view in vehicles? Erm, how gash.

Half the maps are cack. The minimap is very 'busy', not really clear.

On the plus side it looks wonderful and the sound effects are excellent. Supression is a nice mechanic. Destruction is nice too.

Also being in a tank or APC is still fun.

2. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Some of the default guns are considered the best; the M16 is the #1 used weapon in competitive BF3, try it with the red dot and heavy barrel, very good weapon.

If you can, try to get in squad with someone who has extra 'nade squad perk, very useful for clearing them out.
    I know it's a lot less accessible now that the majority have most items unlocked, but I do think it's worth persevering :D

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I haven't got very much fun out of BF3 at all, it just feels like BFBC2 scaled up except with even less infantry.

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

You can make the map much clearer.

5. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

How?

6. longweight

B :)

I also use N & M to toggle between small and large or the zoom level.

7. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

This. The only time I really have any fun with it is when the servers have toned the vehicles down. Otherwise you just get spawnraped by the enemy gunship, leaving the only way to play as being in a tank or armoured car. I'm sorry, but if I wanted to play a tank game, I'll play World of Tanks.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Being attacked in spawn only happens when you have no point to spawn at. And no admin enforcing any kind of rules. I have played nearly 400 hours and yes nade spam on one or two maps and yes some maps are better than others. But over all a great game.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Whatever you think about it being 'not much fun' the 9000 reply thread just above this says otherwise.

10. Action_Parsnip

Hmmm yes well. I see why people like it, but then again I see why people like CoD multiplayer. I also see that BF2 seems to have just as many busy servers going for it, which was eye-opening.

It's just not as good to play as it's predecessor I reckon. It's an improvement from BF:BC2 though. But in all honesty it's more complicated than BF2, but somehow has less depth to it.

I'm going to get Back to Karakand and Sharqui Peninsula, see if they make for a better experience.

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I totally agree with the change in play style something feels missing. snipings taken a huge nerf well for me at least i used to be insanely accurate with the GOL, now i have huge trouble hitting anything unless its stationary while sniping.
    I like a lot of the changes but sometimes feel it was better before.

12. longweight

They make it so much better!

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

While I think the B2K maps are better, the problems you've described with BF3 won't change with the B2K expansion imo. You're better off saving your money and playing BF2

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

love the game when it works, but im afraid its very poorly optimized.

15. longweight

16. Action_Parsnip

Yeah I have heard alot of people talk quite strongly about the expansion pack maps. Part of my gripe with BF3 is that most of the maps are just a bit naff. Really like Darmavand Peak though. Seems to have the best mix of environments and action-areas/cover/sneaking-past-things spots.

:D too late! bought it! .... thanks for the heads-up though, yet to download and install B2K.

In what way? Current version performs well on my system given it's age and limited means, and since turning off uPnP in the router options have not had a single disconnect. Seems very stable, looks and sounds very, very nice.

17. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I like the game quite a bit but I don't love what they did to the shooting mechanics with the latest patches and the ui sucks fiercely.

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It feels to me that they made too many compromises this time round. A lot of the time I see absolutely no difference in play style between this and CoD. Hell, I even resorted to running around with a shotgun blasting anything that moved - it seemed the only way to compete other than lying down with an LMG spraying death everywhere.

I mostly play Arma so things are at a much more steady pace, but I used to like BFBC2 (and BF2 before it) as it was a good compromise between run and gun and hardcore tactical. This time round I don't see any proper tactics or pace.

I don't think I will be buying any of the future DLC for this game - I think I have seen all it has to offer.

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

The game worked perfect till they put the second or third patch in then it just ****ed up everything.

Its a problem with Crossfire, the game just simply does not like it, can only play the game for about 10-15 minutes at a time and have to reboot. Would not of got the game if i knew it would **** up so much.

Dice know about the problem as well, its been post time and time again in the offical BF3 forums but never addressed. guess there to busy making money.

20. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I hate BF3 but it's for the opposite reason. There just isn't enough depth or variety. Once you've played something like Arma2 extensively, playing something like BF3 just seems like a huge backwards step.