1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Leaked slides point to Skylake GPU performance boost

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Jul 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

10-20% CPU boost?

...that's quite a bit higher than the 3-5% everyone has been estimating so far.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is that because there's no Broadwell S series?

4. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

On some level, I find integrated graphics gains disappointing. I'll be using a desktop with discrete graphics, but some of the price and design I see will reflect a feature that doesn't have value to me.

Though, of course, a better minimum graphics baseline helps software developers, which in turn, does benefit me, so I can't really complain.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Funny how leaked slides look like media releases and usually appear around release time for products.

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I thought they carried the C suffix, basically a desktop part but with high performance graphics.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

It depends how much Intel cares for AMD. If they do not care at all a I3 with this GPU on it would be pretty much the end of the road, more so if they decided to just undercut them drastically. Sell a I3 with this gpu for under £100 job done end of market for APUs.

Intergrated graphics are about on par with a 560ti in terms of performance so they have come a long way. Intel are basically been forced to cater to a few peoples needs with there IGPU.

Maybe they fear ZEN might be good and are aiming for a 20% boost in there performance metric. Its not within reason that Intel could drop a 20% faster cpu and a 50% gpu boost if needs be.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Nothing like letting a few snippets of information "leak," to get the free publicity mill working.