1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows Server 2008 R2 freeze at "Completing installation..." in Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sheninat0r, 27 Aug 2011.

1. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Wasn't really sure if this should be Apple or Windows, but since Google tells me this happens to a lot of non-Mac users I'm gonna go with Windows. Anyways, I'm trying to install WS2008R2 on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro via Boot Camp, and every single damn time it freezes after it reboots and gets to the completing installation stage. The entire computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. The disc I'm using is a DVD burned from a rather old (pre-SP1) version of Windows Server 2008. The Dreamspark website is being stupid and won't let me verify my account, so I can't even download a newer iso.

I've tried installing it with a mouse and without a mouse, since Google told me that having USB devices plugged in could make Windows stall at this stage.

I've tried creating the Windows partition (64GB every time) using Boot Camp Assistant and Disk Utility (which both are only able to create a FAT partition) and using the Windows install disc to format it to NTFS.

I've also tried using the Windows disc to delete the partition and create a single new NTFS partition, and I've tried using the Windows partition to delete the Boot Camp partition and then create its own two partitions out of the unallocated free space.

I've tried different installation media, I've tried everything I can think of short of formatting my hard drive and re-installing OS X and Windows from scratch. Somebody, please help me get Windows on my laptop.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?