1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Russian airline, Aeroflot, reviews?

Discussion in 'General' started by ferret141, 13 Sep 2016.

1. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Has anyone flown with Aeroflot before? A friend from Japan is visiting me in April and I'm helping them book their flights. There are some super cheap tickets now with Aeroflot but I've practically never heard of them. Has anyone here tried them before?

Thanks.

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I know someone who used to fly with Aeroflot in the 80s/90s - apparently the crew used to take a couple of bottles of vodka up to the cockpit at the start of the flight...:eeek: - although that was shorthaul flights from Russia to the 'Stans, and I'm sure it's all changed now :D

Sites like Airlinequality and Trip Advisor suggest that things have improved drastically from the times when Aeroflot used to be the USSR's only airline, flying junker planes that were 50 years past their sell-by dates.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

They're the official Russian airline (the state holds a majority) and SkyTeam member.
    I'd consider them a "normal" modern airline.

4. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Thanks guys. They had some good deals at the time and maybe still do.

(Feeling conflicted. Want to give my gratitude but at the same time I'm reviving an old'ish thread)