1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Car parts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Harlequin, 6 Jan 2013.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

need some help - im looking for the upper idle tensioner for the aux drive belt on my 50000000 year old synergie

but checking the `usual` suspects , prices are anything between £20 and £90!

so , does anyone have any experience of which one to get for a 1998 , 1.9TD synergie wih aircon?

the engine was used in a ton of cars , so don't know why the prices are all over the place

2. craigp84

craigp84 What's a Dremel?

Is that the XUD engine? Great engines.

Don't guess the part, phone up GSF or even the main dealer for the part number. They could have different tensioners based on which version of this engine (there were 20+ different versions!)

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

www.carparts4less.co.uk (i.e. Eurocarparts with all the discount codes applied) have one for £35, the OE Citroen/Pug one is still available, but I don't know how much it is as their parts pages are down for maintenance atm.

If you're planning on keeping the car for a few years I'd pay a bit over and get an SNR one here, although the OE one could be reasonably priced, just can't tell!

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

yeah its an XUD turbo lump (non egr as well) - all of 90k on the clock with full history :D just been stood a while so now its back in use , finding a few squeaks and niggles.

looking at the picture that's the lower one , gonna have a play tomorrow to reacjust

5. Krikkit

[​IMG] for non-AC.

[​IMG] for AC.

I assume you have AC and you mean #6? £100 from Citroen direct.

Looks like one here on eBay, not sure if it's correct or not, but it is an SKF part which is a decent brand.

Last edited: 7 Jan 2013
  6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

[​IMG]

top down , nearest is power steering pump underneath is the alternator , then aircon pump.

towards the top of the pic is a tensioner and roller , then the belt heads to the crank

7. Krikkit

So which one is it you want? Both are readily available, you've even got the part numbers above, assuming you've got the standard setup of course - those diags are straight from the Citroen service site.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

will be pulling it apart properly - didn't fancy getting wet today as the wheel has to come off..... I *think* it might be the spring (part 4 second pic)

you post on other french car forums btw?

9. Krikkit

Yep - Peugeot 106-related only atm, but pulling them apart as much as I have you know your way around French of that era. :D

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

thanks for the pics - one day I might even buy a lexia :D

11. Krikkit

Sign up to servicebox and you can look at all the parts diags for every Citroén, and check up on the current dealer prices (you'd be surprised how often they're competitive, and they're invaluable for those niggly bits you simply can't find elsewhere). :)

It's also worth signing up to the Peugeot one, as sometimes you might find that a Pug shares similar parts which make it easier to find (e.g. The 306 came with an XUD, there were a hell of a lot more of them than the Synergie).

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

806=synergie=ulysse other than cosmetics they're the same car as they were made on the same production line :-D

13. Krikkit

Indeed, although I'm sure there were more of the various other variants than the 806/Ul/Syn. :)

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

all registered on servicebox ; and yes , various vans of the same type are also using the floorpan (except you cant use , say , scudo wishbones on the ulysse as they are slightly thicker on the ball joint (and wider hub point)

there was also the lancia zeta in Europe :D

job done btw , tightened the belt up and its all good no parts needed :D - did it on the floor in the end just took the plastic off and voila all good again ;next up = rear wiper relay (6555EL - again thank you Kirkkit!)

next up though is to tighten up the cam belt over - seems the rear screws arnt as tight as i thought and the cover is rattling away

15. Krikkit

Be careful tightening aux belts up to quieten them - very easy to knacker the bearings in alts and AC pumps, I've just had to replace the alt on mine because the previous owner over-tightened it.

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the adjuster is an `egg` shaped thing on the bottom roller - only tightened it till the holes lined up on the top one (its how they suggested it on frenchcarforum)

it wasn`t quiet it - it was to stop it flapping around :D

had good news today though , it has a bosch pump so got `introduced` to the local bio diesel company - 90p a litre , thank you very much!

17. Krikkit

Sweet. :D

Just thought it was worth a mention, a squeaky tensioner is often cured this way, until the alternator or AC pump goes bang!

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

its good it only needed adjusting :D - although by looking at it , its had a replacement top tensioner already

replacement relay ordered (£20 oO - local motor factors hasn't got them and cant get them!)