1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NZXT Hades Case Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 12 May 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

If you flip the fan around (aka Mesh inside case, fan outside), wouldn't it work?

3. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! Burn it!! Send it back to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Arnie once said "You're one ugly Mother Hubbard!"

4. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Looks like a good base for modding tho :D

5. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Another company I'll add to my disgusting cases list.

Seriously, have all these case designers been smacked about?

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

No because A) the fan blades would be exposed which isn't a good idea as it's a bit of a monster (but hey they're your fingers ;) ) and B) the panel and mesh aren't flat, they're shaped so would be pretty hap-hazard at best - you'd probably need to bend the mounting holes on the mesh. In addition you'd need to find some way to get the power cable of the fan inside the case but I guess you could just thread it through the side panel hole.

7. shah

shah Minimodder

fugly....

8. mkb

mkb Minimodder

How is it possible that a company like this mass marketing a product can make such fundemental mistakes that compromise the integrity of the case altogether. Are the designers fresh out of GCSE's?! The mind boggles.

9. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'm sitting on the fence with the looks on this. On some level, it does appeal to me, but on others I'm wondering how practical it can be or whether my interest in the design is down to me actually liking it or whether it is just "different".

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

NZXT do make some seriously ugly cases. You could almost say they have a talent for it..

11. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

NZXT Adamas seems to be NZXT's magnus opus in sensible design.

12. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

In a strange way i actually like the front of the case, it looks a bit "Darth Vader" with that vent hole at the bottom. As for the fan mount, i have the same problem with my iCute/Sharkoon Rebel 9 case. the side panel fan is around 3-4cm deep so it will clash with most decent coolers too. If the case came with a window instead of the fan or even a solid panel we could take a dremel too i would actually buy one...

13. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

ev1lm1nd666 you beat me to it about the Darth Vader look!

14. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I don't know why people dislike NZXT cases. Sure, they are a little... uh... unique looking. But I am using an NZXT M59, and I think it's pretty cool looking. There's no accounting for taste I guess.

15. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Mostly because quite a number of NZXT cases do not suit the tastes of people like me who doesn't really like bling?

16. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Truly horrific, good job.

17. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I just don't get you lot sometimes. While this case might not be my cup of tea, it looks a million times better than the Antec Dark Fleet which had quite a few comments of "ZOMG that looks awesome!". It's definitely unusual but it not exactly offensive. I think if they had split the fascia down the middle into two separate doors it would have been cooler :p

Maybe there'll be a revision 2 with a shifted fan at some point...

18. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

But it takes the intel/amd cpu fans just fine right? So therefore I think we can conclued that this aimed at companies like Dell and Packard Bell and the large number units they put out.

19. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Except that I don't know many Dell PCs with fan control, temperature sensors, large fans and water cooling compatibility ;) I'm not convinced! :D

20. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

The Hades was a unique design, just not one of their best ones. I love their Tempest cases.

I dont understand scoring on this one. 4/10 seems low when you consider you have two 7s, a 9, and 6 there. I'd figure the case would be more fitting of a 5 or 6 out of ten rather then a 4. Scoring overall isnt the average, but should still take into account what the component scores are.

Tags: Add Tags