1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA: 'Valve removed Crysis 2 from Steam'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

toys out of the pram :)

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Meh, Crysis 2 looks crap anyroad.

4. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

Sounds more like EA want to start the trash talk with origin coming out

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

This doesnt mean that EA wasnt at fault such as all DLC will be on origin ONLY therefore steam people get shafted

6. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Steam crysis 2 owners should still be able to purchase and play the dlc if it's bought from origin. Medal of Honor's Hot Zone pack was only available via EA store but worked fine on the steam version of Medal of Honor.

More likely steam don't like being cut out of a slice of DLC pie.

7. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Meh, it's not like it's a big loss.

8. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I call BS, there are LOADS of games that are on steam as well as on D2D, impulse, gamersgate etc.. and they're all fine.

so yeah sounds more like exclusive DLC deals to me (in which case I think it's fair enough steam removed it)

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

lol once again I am disappointed by PC-Gamers reactions to this.

Valve and STEAM can apparently do no wrong to you guys can they? Are they the halo around an ever failing gaming industry to you guys or something? *rolls eyes sarcastically*

Valve/Steam have clearly disliked being cut out of the DLC market with Crysis2 so they've thrown their toys out the pram and gone "FINE! WE WONT GIVE IT OUT!" and EA have pretty much gone, "Okay, fine with us" *starts work on Origin*.

Saying this I'm getting bored of the EA bashing. I hate many of the idiots who made that treason-based, heretically-ashaming CnC4 attempt... but BF3... very different story.

10. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

Doubt thats the way round it is, and i'm not a valve fanboy. Valve will give them the new terms and conditions, along with everybody else on the steam platform, Crytec or EA must've said "we don't agree" and thats there the problem has come up.

I doubt theres any drama with this, as like ALL T&C's with products, if you don't accept, then you don't use it, simple as.

11. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

I'd like to see what Valve have to say before blaming either party tbh.

12. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

With you on this....:thumb:

So what..!
    BF3 won't go on steam i reckon - but i want it so i'll buy it elsewhere.
    Steam needed some competition & EA Origin might (when they sort out it out) just do that.
    The ease of Steam is clear to see... but come on do you buy your clothes or gadget/hardware etc from the same shop?? No

13. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Pointing fingers without saying what the terms of service they violated were doesn't get me on EA's side. They have a terrible track record and a new platform which they ARE putting exclusives on in a completely anti competitive way. Origin is a simple cash grab, offering nothing but a splinter group of games that you can only download 5 times and may expire without notice. Please just use a system already in place without price gouging OR offer something better. By offering only something worse you make the legitimate purchase have less value than piracy, and we're back to that DRM roundabout all over again.

I'm not sure what Steam is doing with their DLC stuff, but I wish they would make it so no one can get their game on there without using the service fully. Getting Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 DLC installed was ridiculous, and that points instead of dollars system? Sod off.

EA looks like it's going downhill again and it sucks that their crap is going to taint games like BF3 and ME3.

14. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Origin is ****. I have it installed and its crap. GFWL is also crap. Steam is ok but yes it needs competition. Xfire is awesome, lightweight and easy to use. Teamspeak, Vantrilo and Mumble are also good. Playclaw too. These features from all these clients need to come together into a lightweight client. Steam is the only client close at the moment.

15. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

PC Gaming will equal 15 download clients clogging up our PC's. All trying to monitor their own games and more besides.

Yesterday PC Gaming took a punch to the face. It's friggin frustrating if you ask me.

p.s. BRAWL, it isn't as simple as bashing EA. This is ****ed up. (maybe temporarily until EA and Valve shake hands again ... here's hoping ...)

16. digitaldave

digitaldave What's a Dremel?

"This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA.'"

yeah someone else made EA create their own downloads store. . . . . . . ohhangonamin......

17. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Pretty much spot on what I was thinking.

18. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

The way that reads is crysis 2 (basically EA) done something that violated the terms and conditions meaning steam expelled it from their store so it could be sold exclusively on EA's new online store.......correct?

Now to break the T&C of my mobile contract and be expelled from the network.......

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Pretty much this,

We've only been given one side of the story and currently the "official" evidence against Valve stands at 1-0.

If Valve want to release their version of events and it does make more sense that EA are in the wrong then by all means start flaming away.

But don't start flaming away with only half the details... especially for the one that's actually tried to put out an official statement.

The fact that Crysis 2 is still on other Digital Download Services just shows that Valve is currently the one being picky here (however i won't judge whether or not it's rightly so).

20. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

same, there where terms, one side wasn't able to agree, you don't use the service, simple as that, there is no drama, and there is nothing to be pissed about.

Tags: Add Tags