1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Weyland Corp by E.E.L. Ambiense - We Apologize

Discussion in 'Modding' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 7 Jun 2012.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------​

For historical purposes, I shall be documenting any and all steps involved in the creation of this computerized chassis. Let's get started, shall we?

The chassis in question is one of a familiar and recent subject; Lian Li's PC-A10. I'm in need a chassis with a door to keep little fingers away from buttons and knobs (for obvious reasons), so this seemed like a likely candidate. I also obtained it really cheap! :hehe:

[​IMG]

I plan on performing numerous modifications to this all-too-familiar chassis, as I've figured out a few things along the way the first time around on modifying this chassis with my other ongoing but soon to be wrapped project BIO-A10.

I'm still amazed by what Lian Li really accomplished with this chassis, and it's a shame they decided to abandon the idea altogether. I really think they were on to something. Coming from a veteran watercooler, this case and any future version of it would have been watery gold. :hehe:

[​IMG]

Removing this as the beginning of the strip-down for modification (and to comply with Bit-Tech's rules to keep the mods happy!), take this thing for instance...

[​IMG]

What was the point of it? I don't think there was really any major functional reasoning; I think it just merely looked beefy and awesome.

Or perhaps to protect these things under here... Who knows?

[​IMG]

Seriously, everything about this chassis just screams "class". It truly is a marvel of ideas already established and utilization of new ones as well.

[​IMG]

The hard-drive racks below will of course be completely removed. That's a given. I'll need the real-estate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be back with more in due-time. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Any mods reading: could you kindly delete/destroy the planning thread under this very name? I'd appreciate it. I wanted it to be a clean thread if you're wondering why I didn't just post under it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Oct 2012
    Guest-23315 likes this.
  2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

This will be interesting to follow.

Mod on :)

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

It's been my understanding that Weyland Corp is in the habit of purchasing IPs that it finds either appealing or lucrative. Can you comment on any of Weyland's foundation acquisitions? Any companies or organizations that we would all recognize that could help explain your company's meteoric rise?

4. AlderonnX

AlderonnX Minimodder

Weyland Corp has picked a good case to historically examine. XD

5. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Two logs from the man, this is like Christmas and my birthday wrapped up neatly with one shiny ribbon!

6. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

7. Cown

Cown Minimodder

Awesome haha! Looking forward to this!

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Wake up and post more.:lol:
    The other thread will remain as a monument to your missfire. -Live in shame.:D

9. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I'm sure EEL is either watching Prometheus or just left the theater... I went this morning. I'm curious to hear EEL's thoughts before I share my own. There is a lot of cool "Weyland Corp" visuals for him to soak in.. In fact, I may have to see the movie again, just to see what I missed...

10. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

I bet there will be Alien coming out of ripped case. XD

11. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Maybe Wayland is briefing him some more.

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, I will!

Sir Peter Weyland decides what he's going to purchase since he's in control of a majority of shares. I cannot comment on nor claim to possess said knowledge of any of his business dealings either way. But I can state that if he chooses to acquire something, he's possibly engaging in an act of financial subterfuge; and will pounce when it's least expected.

One of Lian Li's best cases to be sure!

:hehe: Wow, thanks man!

:lol: The sarcasm was probably a bit misconstrued with that one. Cheap's Japanese garbage truck line still burns in my skull. :hehe:

Thanks, m8!

I'll get there in due-time. But the other was merely a planning log; how is that a 'missfire'? Is that log suddenly compared to a Desert Eagle or something? :hehe:

I did in fact see it yesterday. I don't want to go into the details as others probably haven't seen it as of yet. But I will state that in typical fashion, more questions were proposed than answered. Frustrating, to be sure. But yes...Sir Scott has done a helluva job in my humble opinion. I'm sure others will find it irritating or even boring, but knowing the background materials like the back of my hand, I felt it meshed rather well. And let's just say those questions proposed shall be answered in the next TWO films! I've already begun to hypothesize what could possibly be going on, including possible military implications; and not necessarily human if you catch my drift. I found the couple of....situations....that occurred in the film rather disgusting... I was actually squirming in my seat. It felt like watching ALIEN for the first time all those decades ago. Disturbing!

Not even close! :D

:hehe:

13. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I won't lie, this looks very promising!

14. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Knowing you as well as I do, I know what scene you speak of :D ...and found myself describing it to my family this weekend.... it shall go down in sci-fi history....

The great divide is between real ALIEN movie fans that actually read the log data at the beginning and those who didn't bother ......Sir Scott is chuckling somewhere....

I will add that prometheus was by far the most visually enticing of all alien movies for me. ..just the ship's airlock doors alone, each had it's own unique design...and "heads up" displays on the deck......oh my!

Last edited: 10 Jun 2012
  15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

... well, something like that.

16. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Updates?...

17. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Yus please!

18. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

[​IMG]

But update?

19. E.E.L. Ambiense

I truly apologize, guys. Been busy with other stuff. But frankly, seeing that someone has given a less-than-desirable rating on a log that isn't even really started yet (or in my opinion, NOT started at all), is a bit unfair, uninformed and ridiculous. In fact, it makes me not want to even complete it. And to think I had such big plans for this too that I haven't revealed yet, which if you've read any of my other logs, I'm a bit of a sneaky one.

A few of us have been discussing this very issue at-length in private and since it was brought to my attention in other recent logs we're beginning to notice what we dub the "star-rating bandit" has been hitting logs that really don't deserve it with bad ratings. It's a flawed system and it paints an unfair and fundamentally-skewed picture. Logs that deserve a master's rating are wantonly ignored; others that aren't even mods (i.e. pre-sleeved cable sets with cutting-edge hardware housed in an stock case) are rated top-notch. I recently posted in one of Slipperyskip's threads about this very issue and I truly feel the author of a log should be able to turn off the 'star-rating' until he/she feels it's ready to be rated, i.e. completed.

Bottom line is, you cannot impartially judge something by it's rough state; that's like eating the raw dough of a fine artisan-bread before it's even baked!

Opinions are everyone's own. But there's a major difference between informed and uninformed opinions. Especially if you're not a modder yourself.

20. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

We are supposedly hardened veterans. Imagine how demoralizing it is for a newbie to try his hand at modding here at BT only to get slammed immediately for...I don't know. Being a newbie? It is a sad thing for sure.