1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Networking Conundrum: hooking up a home network to a wireless ISP.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mouseskowitz, 27 Jan 2012.

1. mouseskowitz

mouseskowitz What's a Dremel?

I've been Goggling this issue and have not found any real answers. :wallbash: In June I will be moving into university housing for grad school. Internet access is included in the rent:clap:, the down side is that it's via wifi. The issue is that I have a 14 TB WHS that I store music and movies on as well as backup my 2 laptops and 2 desktops. So, the question becomes, how do I provide internet access to all the devices and still maintain my home network integrity?
    My current setup is a cable modem going to a Linksys E4200 to which my printer is attached. The two desktops and server are hardwired. From the reading I've done connecting to 2 networks with the same computer seems to be a PITA so I would like to avoid that.
    The specific questions are:
    1) Is it possible to maintain the current network configuration, replacing wired access with wireless at the router?
    2) If it is possible, what hardware would be required that I do not already have?

Tags: