1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Bullies don't feel regret, ever.

Discussion in 'General' started by Darkwisdom, 5 Feb 2014.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

This is a very personal thing, but it makes me completely mad down to my very core. I also got charged for assault for this, which the changes are now dropped for.

I had a horrible school life, I was a smartish kid, kept to myself for the first year of high school. I got picked on for being fat, nothing too bad; the occasional remark. That changed when my brother gave me a pair of trainers I could use for PE (or Gym to the yanks). We were kinda poor; being the third, youngest child I got a lot of hand me downs. These trainers were bright yellow, seriously. I didn't think it'd matter for a 50 minute PE lesson. I was so wrong. One of the 'Emo' crowd came out with a terrible, stupid, nonsensical remark. I was dumbfounded, everyone laughed, but what he said stuck. I got rid of the shoes when they got too small (or when I could make an excuse to trash them) but the nickname still stuck.

That nickname basically made me everyone's whipping boy. Our high school was in a rough part, so people didn't go easy. It was merciless; I was beaten, shoved, insulted, threatened with death, someone knocked me unconscious with a chair and I even had a few knives to my throat. I was pushed down some stairs and broke my leg once, my entire tutor group banded together and lied, saying I 'fell'. I began to dread school, didn't look after my appearance, the bullying intensified, it was terrible; I didn't bother with my education because I couldn't focus, got bad grades. I was deeply lonely and developed Dissociative Identity Disorder. I was kind of crazy.

It didn't stay that way of course; I eventually fought back and made it tolerable. But fighting back made the tougher ones challenge me to fights, I'd normally get my ass kicked. I gave it my all, but it still went down hill. It stayed that way until sixth form.

I met my partner, had kids and settled down. The other day, I ran into one of those bullies from school; the one who came up with that ungodly nickname Bearing in mind i'm now 23, that was now 7 years since i'd seen him. We didn't exchange any pleasantries, he basically said i'd ruined my life having kids etc. He's still an asshole. I asked him why he treated me like he did, and whether he regretted anything. He didn't regret a thing; he actually had the nerve to say I deserved it all, because I was one of those kids who deserve to get bullied.

Yeah.. I beat the S**t out of him the middle of a public space. It wasn't gentle, I had quite a lot of his blood on me. Broke his nose, left him semi-conscious. Years of pent up rage were expelled in a few minutes. He tried to get me charged for assault; after a lengthy conversation with the police about our history, they kind of felt sorry for me. I could see the pity on their faces. What I did was wrong and I know that.

Moral of the story, either grow a backbone early on or learn to control your temper.

boiled_elephant and Sloth like this.
  2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Some people say we do things as kids to others and should get over it as adults, but you know what, if it still hurts after all these years and the people can't even give a slight apology they got what they deserve.
    Glad you got off and I hope the idiot remembers this when he has kids and is teaching them things about life.

Gladly I wasn't bullied much but the bitterness of the crap from school stayed with me, I've moved city since and managed to be friends with some through facebook but thats it's, felt like a fresh start.

3. Darkwisdom

Unfortunately I got bullied just too badly to be able to move on from it. It's one of those things that just make me bitter and resentful. I was even considering suicide for a time in school, it was that bad.

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I'm sat firmly in your corner & would do exactly the same in your situation.

Having had a rare eye condition since birth as a kid I had to wear tinted glasses and a baseball cap all year round as even winter light was too bright for me to be able to see, which made me an easy target for bullies obviously, I don't think any of the bullies from my school have amounted to anything & I know for a fact some of them are either dead or in prison my only saving grace was that I had a bit of a growth spurt and fort back, I may of crossed over the line in most cases and when & where I could I would give the bullies as much of a kicking as I could which landed me a lot of trouble through my secondary school years.

Bullies should be publicly humiliated I think this is the only way to break there cycle and bring them down to a lower level.

Its always the bad memories that stick the most.

M.

5. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

I was bullied at school by someone for ages, complained and complained to the teachers but got nowhere - eventually I snapped and followed him home and beat him up. Unsurprisingly his mum was ranting at the headmaster the next day for not protecting him etc etc

You have my sympathies and respect - I know it's morally wrong to resort to violence but when someone is an arse and doesn't have the capacity to see that what they have done is wrong/hurtful/life changing for all the wrong reasons then it's most likely what they deserve to get a f**king hiding themselves.

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My sons gets bullied because of his size and the fact he has mild autism.

He's very small for his age and we are in the process of having him tested for various things (went to the children s hospital just yesterday).

The thing that makes me laugh about bullies is they are absolute cowards, they pick on the weak and usually surrounded by their dumb ass followers who only follow them to avoid being victims themselves.

Although I don't condone violence I bet when you kicked that guys ass he didn't put up much of a fight.

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Good for you about time these idiots got a hiding. I was I was left mainly because of my size and first team rugby. But when I was in my final year damn headmaster got me to look after a couple of kids during our I would miss rugby practise. Something I did wrong, stuck a snake in someone's desk. So he got clever since then I found out what these kids go through its not nice and since then hate bullies.

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Fair play to you mate. There people out there that treated me in a similar way at school. It sticks with you your whole life. And If one of them started shooting his mouth off like that to me I would swing for them. My daughter gets picked on at school and has even been attacked by another child (she is only 4)and given a black eye! (thats devon schools for you)

I know people are going to hate this, but I told her to smack them one back no matter what! I will not sit back and let my daughter be a door mat! She starts kenpo next year with me and that will give her the skills and confidence to take someone out quickly with maximium pain lol! I was beaten as kid with a belt and god I wish I had the skills to stop it.

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Dad always told us as kids to hit the person as hard as we could in the face and we never got bullied though school.

I'll pass down the same to my kids.

10. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I was never bullied, nor was I brought up to fight, but the one piece of advice my dad told me that I still laugh to this day is "sometimes you're backed into a corner and you need to do what you need to do. Just make sure the first shot counts".

11. Darkwisdom

Then fortunately you don't know what happens when you are backed into a corner. For me, I remember every single time I was. There was this one shining example to me; this tough ***hole, everyone called him 'bazz'. He was the biggest, toughest guy out; picked on me like everyone else. One day, he thought it'd be fun to follow me around school and make my life hell, he cornered me on one of the hallways and started beating me up. Nothing I could do, he was bigger, muscular and morally and ethically empty minded. I'm not a violent guy, but I knew some stuff. I jabbed my index and middle into his Solar Plexus; no matter how muscular you are, that's a part you can't toughen. I could've done some real, irreversible damage that way. Looking back on it... I don't care if I had done some irreversible damage. It'd make me as bad as them but at the same time, he deserved it for basically assaulting me all the time.

12. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

I don't condone violence, have never been in a fight, got bullied a bit in school though, and can honestly say - good on you. Obviously it would be far preferable had you not had to go through it at all, but I'm glad you got to spend a bit of that pent up rage on what you did. Glad they let you off, he deserved more than he got by the sounds...

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Yea, I have been fortunate. Sadly, bullying just isn't taken seriously enough in schools. The politics and morals behind it are always there, but no one actually ever steps in to help / stop things from happening. Even worse now with the internet though is bullying is literally everywhere with social media. It's pretty ridiculous.

Another part of the issue is parenting, a lot of parents just seem to deny their son or daughter is bullying someone else. We have a neighbour and their daughter has some mental issues and she would constantly tackle people, yet the parents felt that absolutely nothing was wrong, and did nothing to stop it from reoccurring; granted, this is more of a special situation. On top of this, parents just say "don't do it again", maybe a slap on the wrist and the child gets away virtually scott free. A lot of children aren't disciplined and just do whatever they please without any repercussions.

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I believe you deserved every minute of what you gave back to him. If I could do what you did to the people that made my school years miserable, I'd do it a hundred times over. I got made fun of for my ears. I'm 26 now and could easily go and get the surgically pinned back, but I almost haven't done it because I'm afraid it wouldn't change how I feel on the inside.

15. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

There wasn't really bullying at my school they were a good lot and people looked out for the weaker ones.

The few kids who could really fight..an irish kid a few that moved down from London they were all my friends.

Hardest part at school for me was all the girls...soooo frustrated just wanted to grab and **** someone!

16. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

I did my own thing at school, I couldn't give a **** about being popular. People didn't like that - they tried to get to me - nothing happened!

17. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Never experienced real bullying myself, not physical at least really, I mean we all got mocked due to our school uniform being purple but that's nothing.

Sorry to hear what you had to go through, I don't think I agree with the title however, I've no doubt there are bullies who do feel regret, either at the time due to bullying in order to keep their 'friends' or whatever, or later on if they change.

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I was always very popular with the teachers at school they always wanted to give me the cane lol :worried:

19. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Brilliant. Great story.

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Are you still caned Tel? :brrr: