1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS Recommendations for 3DS games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CrapBag, 5 Aug 2014.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My son is getting a 3DS XL for his birthday in a couple of weeks (bought already) and I was wondering if people could give me some recommendations.

He like games like mario and zelda and really wants something that he can get good milage from.

He really wants mario kart 7 and New marios bros 2 but they are still quite pricey 2nd hand and all his birthday money has gone on buying the 3DS so he is reliant on pocket money only which he doesn't have a lot of as he also needs to buy a case and screen protectors.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Pokemon you can buy Pokemon black or white cheap 2nd hand. The 2 actual 3ds games are both expensive and are cheaper new than second hand at least online. Any of the 6 is about 100hrs gameplay which at a few hrs a day is a long time.

Mario and zelda never really go cheap as they are hugely popular games same with Pokemon.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Zelda a Link between Worlds (there also a couple of old Zelda games (Oracle of Ages/Seasons) in the eshop that are around £5)
    Castlevania: Mirror of Fate
    Mario 3D land

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Just bought Mario 3d land.

He does like the Zelda games.

5. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

I second this, about 3.5Hrs into my Black 2 Playthrough, pretty good tbh, it will end up being a massive time sink :thumb:

6. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Might help if you tell us how old he is?

My 5yr old (4.5 when he got a 2DS) loves his Luigis Mansion, he runs about the house playing it (puts on a bag and a torch lol). Also the usual Mario games, he also gets a good giggle out of nintendogs (the missus had a DS years ago). He also likes Mario Kart.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

He is 13 this week.

We have already bought Super Mario 3D Land which he wants to save for when we go to Butlins and is now looking for a 2nd cheap game and he already has lots of normal DS games so is looking for something that use the 3D facility.

There's a rental service that gives a 21 day free trial and then you pay £3.99 a month and you get one game a month which is better than buying a new game and finishing it within a month.

8. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Starfox 64 3DS?

I've got a copy I'll send your way for £15 delivered if it interests you?