1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Ashes of the Singularity

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by suenstar, 5 Mar 2015.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com/

So this interesting new RTS title popped up out of nowhere yesterday.
    Not much has been shared about the mechanics as of yet due to it being such early times, however they have said that the plan is for players to control thousands of units to wage massive battles with both the AI and each other.

I've always felt that RTS games have lacked a sense of the proper scale of a war, so if they design this one right then it could really do well to create that needed feeling of mass mayhem.

However I'm not overly keen on the current price for Early Access, plus even more concerning is that they advertise a 'lifetime subscription' on the store page of their website. It looks sort of like the similar fashion that some other developers are doing, with offering an edition that'll include all future DLC & expansions... but with them also having the lead archtect for Battle.net on their team, it could potentially go down an actual subscription model for premium access somewhere down the line. :(

Though more than the game, I'm even more excited for the new RTS engine they've developed for it.
    With it being designed with DX12 compatibility, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the engine and how well it performs with extreme numbers of assets on a map.

Here's a really poorly shot video of the early product in action and the FPS performance being recorded:

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Righty right then.

I've been following this for a while and it has just gone Beta and is starting to look GOOD - like SupCom replacement good!

They've delivered three fairly sizable updates in the last 3 months and the game has improved immeasurably. The beta introduces an entirely new faction amongst loads of QOL fixes and improvements.

Bohemia are selling a 4 Pack of Steam Keys on their site for $100. Would anyone else be interested in going in with me? Works out to £17.50 each.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2016