1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi ARK: Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jasio, 4 Aug 2015.

1. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Hiya,

Anyone playing this? I am currently on the [UK/EU] EXODUS [PVPVE] server with a few friends and it'd always be nice to have some more folks join us to take over the wor... I mean ride dinos ;)

My Steam Profile - If you would like to add me and join in on the fun. Voice comms recommended (Razor Comms).

On a non-server specific note... anyone impressed with the number of updates these guys pump out? 3-5 updates per week 400MB-2GB/ea adding content and fixing issues on a near daily schedule. Having come from around 70 hours in DayZ (and only about 3-4 updates in the last 18 months)- colour me impressed.

2. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Incredible game although optimisation is a pain as frame rate drops when a raptor is running after you is not ideal. I am lvl 26-7 on a PVPvE server but am trying to hold off playing until some friends get it as to not eclipse them in skills and crafting etc. Not a fan of creating new characters just because they don't like me being good :D

3. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Performance is increasing but a few servers do have a bit of lag and the memory leak from moving around the map is a slight pain- need to restart the client.

It would be good to see a improvement to the taming system, as large dinos at l20 can take about 4 hours+ to tame- anything over 100 is about 12-13 hours which is just too much for casual play.

4. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

I got around that by playing on a 2x tame server. Tamed a level 72 Argentavis in 3.5 hours- which I think is a reasonably decent balance. Wasn't using optimum food either, so could have been closed to 2 hours.

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The custom servers are not to bad, my lot are on a official server so stuck with the taming times, effectively you have to build a taming pen near decent spawns to farm prime meat to get anywhere near a realistic tame time.

The speed of announcements and changes is good to see, as the game is fully funded- its surprising how much content they wish to add- swamp and snow biomes will be interesting to see.

6. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Just got ARK downloading now after seeing some playthrough vids on youtube..

What're you on about when you were talking about Razor Comms?

7. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Cool! I'm sure you'll enjoy the game... it's taken up far too much of my time as of late (100+ hours now and I've only had the game for about 3 weeks).

Razer Comms is an alternative to TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, etc. I use it because all of the friends I play with use it. The "servers" are entirely hosted by Razor, so there is no cost for anyone, and you can still maintain a private instance for a community- you can just password lock it and that's it.

We're quite active right now- although I am away on holiday for 2 weeks so won't be on :(

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looks awesome & I'm tempted to buy it.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm tempted to pick this one up, though somewhat on the fence as I think it might be a good one to grab on the PS4 when they release the console version.

10. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Bump!

Picked this up when it was on sale and am fairly impressed.

Anyone else been playing this?

11. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Same sunk all of today into it level 12 amd have my own shack though like an idiot I left it open and someone looted all my stuff.

It's really addictive!

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

optimization, optimization optimization, optimization,

13. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Total of 14 hours so far, not one crash to desktop, running pretty silky smooth. Couple of lag spikes, considering this isn't actual release yet.

Had one guy try and lure me out of my shack with free berries....

A level 2 who I made some cooked meat for, started attacking me I made a break and got into my hut, he knocks himself out trying to break my shack down. Let's just say there was some cannibalism...

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

This game is epic. First survival game I have played. Couple that with dinosaurs!!!! OMG, love this game. Clocked up almost 100 hours on my server with my GF

15. BigDan

BigDan What's a Dremel?

Fun game, but a bit of a grind once you get into it. Taming new dinos is always a fun challenge though.

16. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I like the grind. I like how dangerous it is as well. I've lost pretty much everything at least twice.

17. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

So I have been playing since I posted about 700 hours put into that game.

Since then have rolled on two different servers.

The one before last was part of an alpha tribe till it all imploded.

I bunch off us left the server and rolled on officialserver 432.

Right now out of my tribe I'm the only one active, majorly bored as the bigger tames require more people etc.

If anyone from bit tech fancys rolling here it's a damn quiet server, the only alpha tribe can be dicks but have been fine with us.

18. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

added you as have just got this game today? bit stuck as keep spawining in same place and getting killed by same dino lol :jawdrop:

19. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

I still play it - but less often - after racking up 300+ hours. Overwatch is definitely keeping me away from ARK and Doom - but I intend to continue playing ARK once the initial hype-train of Overwatch wears off :)

20. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Only just started playing in earnest over the last two weeks... Really enjoying it and started on The Centre 608... Servers quite new and a lot of pricks but I set up and found a neighbour who felt the same - I've, we trade stuff and are nice to each other.... I have no idea about taming but learning slowly.
    Got me three dodos for the eggs to make kibble. Want a pterasaur so I can get out of reach of the griefers leaving me open to the bigger gits!

Ian