1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orientation of Reservoir and depth of Full cover GPU block

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Spaceraver, 30 Mar 2015.

1. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I was hoping that someone here might enlighten me on whether or not the EK Spin res works sideways?
    And If anyone knows the dimensions0 of the EK R9 fullcover block, as I have limited case width in this ageing Gigabyte Aurora.
    I'll post a worklog in project logs soon, but for now I'm only doing renders to figure out placement before ordering parts..

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Which way do you mean by sideways? It looks like it's supposed to be installed as a bay res, so the window is on one side. Either way, it looks like the little wheel will still spin in any orientation as long as you plum the inlet and outlet the right way round.
    I've got the R9 290 version of that block, I'll go measure it, brb.

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Ok, I won't measure the main part of the block, as it's basically the same size as the card.
    So, the block is 18mm above the surface of the cards at it's thickest point, and the only part that sticks out wider than the card is the area where the barbs screw in. That section sticks out 26mm above the top of the card.
    My card is a reference design so you should be able to compare that to yours.

4. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

thanks phuzz.. it was the width of the card when laid flat that was important. that determines my pump placement..