1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other VPN - Best free service?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Impatience, 27 Jun 2014.

1. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

As the title says, what would you recommend as a good VPN to use? Preferably something that doesn't have a download cap..

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I used free ones for a while and I found them to be pretty rubbish, intrusive adds, or really rubbishy apps to connect the vpn - and they normally have rubbish speed. I use private internet access now https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ which doesn't cost very much, and lets me just dial a pptp vpn, and I can saturate the vpn with whatever my line speed is.

hotspotshield and spotflux are some free ones I've used in the past with mixed success.

Last edited: 27 Jun 2014
  3. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Just noticed that I'm not auto-subscribed to my own threads.. :duh: Cheers for the pointers! I'll have a look at them.

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I really disagree with having to use an app to dial a vpn - which is why I chose privateinternetaccess, I don't understand why there is a need for a third party app when all os's have the ability to dial a vpn built in.

5. Justify

Justify What's a Dremel?

try this one: http://expatshield.com/ its an application that lets you toggle your vpn on/off and tells you when you are connected.