1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News OnLive chair speaks up about his company's future

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Mar 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

You would have to be mad to buy into that now.

3. DaBigDog

DaBigDog What's a Dremel?

nevermind the technology, morally - would you want to support a company and product which ethics as loose as Katie Price's knickers ?

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

People - We don't care, **** off.

5. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Well...judging from the sales of Apple products, it seems people don't give a s**t about the ethics of the companies they buy from....

6. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

One word: NOPE.

7. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

After that dick move they pulled last year I have stopped using the service, which is a shame as it's a great idea in theory. The douchebag management just lets it down.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I miss-read the title as "OnLive chair speaks up about his company's failure". After reading the article it seems like that would still have been a fitting title.

9. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Lag, Compression Artefacts, Not the best Graphics to start with, Cost of servers at the other end, Restricted game selection, Playing as a "user" rather than a super-user/admin (Mods, Tweaks, Degugging)

It's just a bad idea to start with. If we lived in a world where you could go 100 miles underground and still have a solid wireless 1Gb/s to the net then maybe, but even then the rest of the above still apply. Wish companies would stop acting like we're all hooked into these perfect pipes all the time and prioritise Offline Functionality First!

10. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

"We have already delivered some significant milestones..." - translated from business BS to honesty = not going bankrupt again.

11. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Madness, I agree with the current implementation, but there are few techs that come in and disrupt an industry in their first increment. The UK is not and is unlikely in the next 10-15 years to be the right country for this. Scandinavia, parts of the US, Asia - 100Mb is the norm, 1Gb is not unusual. I hope that Onlive does not kill the idea. It would be rather nice not having to have a hot air blower or three under the TV and in our spare rooms, just play the latest games on consoles/PC.

I agree about the announcement. Its typical marketing, PR, BS. From start to end.

Also agree that the whole always online model makes no sense. At least not until if brings the user real benefits. At the moment, if costs more (average cost for these games is more than non always online games), causes endless problems. Just plainly doesnt work.

12. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

I wonder how much money he managed to hide offshore before declaring bankruptcy

13. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Seems like a last chance to grab the jackpot before jetting off to some south American country with few laws.