1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung targets consumers with new marketing push

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

This is news? No pricing or specs?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yes, it's news: it demonstrates a dramatic shift in tactics for the world's number one memory maker, suggesting that the company is either feeling the pinch or is concerned about its rivals.

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

That marketing team might wanna take a second think about what they were doing!

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Or continuing the push forward now they are such a well known brand.

(Lame adverts though)

6. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Seriously, if my next iProduct doesn't come with Samsung memory, I may write a curt blog post on the matter, start a Facebook page, and boycott buying any new Apple products for as long my will holds out*.

But I'm not worried, as I'm certain that Apple will see that Samsung memory is CLEARLY superior and therefore wouldn't utilise inferior or substandard materials, components or assembly procedures.

* 48-60 hours.

7. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

Honestly it's about time Samsung start pushing their products more on the retail market; for a while now they have been making some of the best DDR3 chips you can get (the 30nm parts in my rig, made as low-voltage models they have OC'd to ~2.5Ghz on 1.65v). Yet these parts are only marketed as low-voltage parts and are unavailable in many parts of Europe. They make good products but rely on corporate contracts rather than consumer marketing to sell their products.

FYI, either it's just my browser (chrome, up to date) or you have a syntax error in your link to Samsung's page:

"The adverts are currently available on Samsung's Facebook page, while a new microsite dubbed 'Tune It Up' is available on the [eurl=www.samsung.com/Memory]Samsung website proper[/eurl]."

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Why spent money on advertising? IMO I think it would be a better idea to make there products even cheaper, reliable and spend money on improving customer service.

Why? When I look at a product it isn't because they use advertising, it's because I need that product. When I look, I look for lowest price and best rating. After I see a product that is cheap and reliable, I'll read the reviews and see if the people who did have problems (I understand that every product will have its faults) to see how they were helped/treated by the manufactures.

I'm sure Asus makes excellent motherboards, but I haven't heard anything good about there CS. I have stepped away from buying Asus products because of this.

9. mo2580

mo2580 What's a Dremel?

hey im all for any type of new scheme especially if it involves prices going down!
    and i hope they do go down as i am waiting to buy a ssd drive

10. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

I think the main reason for the ads vs. better products and service is because the number of people who will actually buy a retail SSD is much smaller than the number of people who would buy a laptop with a SSD already packed in it. Samsung wants customers to somehow insist on buying products that are made with Samsung parts, earning them more contracts with manufacturers like Dell. Seems indirect and doomed to failure IMO, but we'll see.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fixed - t'was missing the 'http://', which the URL parser doesn't like.

12. Jharna

Jharna What's a Dremel?

the advertising is easy way to promote product. Another way to promote product is SEO

13. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I havent tried the RAM position yet, I'll give it a go later and report back

14. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

The pictures they had up were pretty slanderous, implying that the other big manufacturers drain massive battery life, cause loads of crashes and waste time is utterly ridiculous. I know they're just trying to condition people to think "Samsung memory is the only good memory in the world!" but aren't they going a tad far?

Tags: Add Tags