1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Molyneux launches Project Godus Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

:D :rock: :jawdrop: :waah: :hehe: :clap: :baby: :hip:

WANT!!!

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Waaaaaaant !! Populous on Amiga was awesome :D

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

It's going to be absolutely amazing! Why? Because it has the Molyneux name attached!

And he's never ever wrong! Everything he's ever touched has been the best it could possibly be, and amazed us all.

The guy is so full of win it's totally insane, and it's no wonder he runs the entire gaming industry with one hand tied behind his back.

</sarcasm>

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I hope it comes with cube integration...

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Molyneux aside, Populous was such an awesome game.

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

This is why I'm of two minds about this. Firstly; It's basically more Populous. I'd happily sacrifice a few people to dark lords to get more of those games, simply because they were so good, on the other hand: It's a Molyneux game, and his later offerings haven't been amazing. I'm looking at you, Fable: The Journey.

I dunno. I'm going to wait till I've seen more before I commit one-way or another.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Molyneux is part of that infamous club of devs and designers from the late 80s/early 90s who were just so awesome with the limited resources of gaming machines back then, and none of whom have really shone in the same way since.

Basically, his early awesomeness set the bar incredibly high, and he failed to keep the momentum as the tech became more powerful, despite still displaying visionary qualities.

9. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

Populous and Dungeon Keeper all wrapped up in one package. It does sound too good to be true!

10. m4rk3d

m4rk3d Minimodder

So, Peter Molyneux, as well-established a name as one could find in the games industry, is asking his fans to take on the risks of his new project. A guy who, for the last decade, has over-promised and under-delivered wants my hard-earned cash to fund his latest venture.

Does anyone honestly believe that Molyneux couldn't get the backing anywhere else?

Kickstarter should be for devs to bring us the games that they can't get funded by publishers/banks etc. With Braben and now Molyneux now using it to float their latest little pet project it just cheapens the Kickstarter ideal, as well as taking money from other devs who really can't get the funding.

**** Molyneux and his little Kickstarter pet project. It's a vile, cynical way for him to fund his game. Next week, I guess it will be Activision and EA begging for our cash to avoid them having to take a risk on a game or two. And if we reward Molyneux and the like for doing this, it's nothing less than we deserve.

11. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Kickstarter does seem to become all about transferring risk to the user, if it fails you might get your money back but its unlikely if its a run away success the backer is not going to see any of this upside. For a small indie dev I have less issue with this but as above Molyneux could surely get backing elsewhere. The argument could be made for more creative control away from the big publishers but again Molyneux must be able to negotiate his own terms by now.

12. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

What about a dungeon keeper style game?
    i want that TOO!...

13. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

Dont think ill be giving Molyneux my money to join him on the road of broken promises.

14. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

That sounds awfully close to a promise Mr Molyneux.

Not that it matters, i'm way to cynical too believe anything he could produce nowadays would be worth spending money on (same goes for John Carmack and John Romero).

15. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Peter Molyneux comes out of the woodwork to introduce yet more mad promises he can't fulfill! *sigh*

No doubt he can afford to bank-roll this himself if he wanted to and if he had that much faith in his usual bullcrap.

Sod off Peter.

16. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

After Curiosity fell flat on its face with server issues from day one and the company 'asking for donations' to help improve the server situation, Moly can royally go roger himself.

Tags: Add Tags