1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress -----'PARVUM KRAIT'----- Completed 29th November

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 19 Jun 2015.

1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Hi everyone. We have been very lucky in getting a chance to work on further projects for MSI. This time in a larger ATX sized Parvum case. Giving us a chance to explore the larger form factor first hand while showing off some awesome MSI hardware.

This build is possible with the support of MSI, Hyper X and XSPC.

Case - Custom Parvum ATX
    CPU - Intel Unknown
    Motherboard - MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Intel Z97
    Memory - Hyper X Unknown
    GPU - MSI GTX 960 2GD5T OC
    SSD - Hyper X 3K
    PSU - Silverstone Strider 1500W

[​IMG]

First we will take a look at the core components for the build. Naturally these will form the theme on which we build around, complementing the harsh aesthetic contrasts of MSI's hardware.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not giving too much away here but stay tuned and all will be revealed.​

Last edited: 30 Nov 2015
  2. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Exciting, will this be closer to the retail Parvum ATX?

J.

3. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

This is probably a fair bit smaller than retail. Retail will feature a rad chamber in the base of the case for certain.

New update on route.

4. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Lets take a look at all of the water cooling components we shall be using in PARVUM KRAIT. With literally several black nickel fittings from XSPC and EKWB to hand building a clean and distinctive loop should not be a problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What else but gloriously white XSPC AX radiators to bring the harsh KRAIT contrast through into the rest of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pump which shall be used is an D5-Vario with a stealthy black XSPC acetal top.

[​IMG]

With such an expansive radiator area it would probably run quite happily with no fans, but just in case we found 6 or 10 Noiseblocker NB-eLoop's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something missing here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That just leaves blocks for the memory and CPU, XSPC's raystorm blocks complimented the motherboard well while not over-powering the standard heatsinks and detailing. The graphics cards won't be including in the loop as we wished to retain their KRAIT branding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely no case hints to see there ^ this might just be another one though ;)

[​IMG]

5. el2k

el2k Modder

Looking forward to seeing the case go together.

6. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Here comes the case... :eeek:

[​IMG]

No Parvum would be complete without a little bit of HyperX, somehow looking even better in black and white we have a 3K SSD for PARVUM KRAIT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The moment you've all been waiting for, a relatively gigantic Parvum of the ATX form with plenty of room to accommodate all of the watercooling gear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to bring in the hardware...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Push pull, just because we co... I mean for the substantial thermal performance benefits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

With all of the parts selected and neatly positioned in the case it was time to plan out the loop and prepare to unite the components with coolant. At this point the pump and reservoir were propped up and we experimented with placement of fittings to carry off the distinctive Parvum rigid acrylic style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not just as simple as smashing in loads of rotaries, much consideration was given to symmetry and balance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After getting to positions we were happy with the pump was mounted directly to the rear panel of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next time we will be tubing the loop, mounting the reservoir and hopefully getting on to some leak testing. Plus there are a few loose ends to be wrapped up in the back of the case.

PS. Whoever can spot the huge oversight (which was totally done on purpose) will earn a teaser for your forum.​

8. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

The XSPC Logo does not match when looking at the Radiator XSPC logo compared to those other two on the ram block and cpu block which are upside down. But the motherboard is upside down and I like the placement and the logo to be seen as you placed it. Was that the oversight you were thinking about or ?

Really like the color scheme of the build and it gives me great pleasure to look at the photos oldschool without color :)

Edit. The straight tube going from under the res is going where and is it a drain/fillport ?

Last edited: 28 Jun 2015
  9. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

OR maybe the "oversight is why aren't you going from res straight to the pump to keep it primed at all times" ?

10. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Nope not the logo's, we could of reversed them all for consistency but the logo on the radiator is quite feint in comparison so visually it's not too distracting.

The straight piece of tube beneath the res was just threaded in to prop it up while planning the loop, the XSPC only has extra ports on one end so we will be keeping the extra ones on top when it goes together for the last time.

Now we are getting very close, I better go edit these teasers :D

11. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

Yeah I am curious what those teasers are :):thumb:

12. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Ahhhhh. A full size version. This has definitely got my attention. I have been wondering if you would make one at some point.. Looking really nice. It'll be interesting to see this one finished.

13. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Come on we can't have teaser teasers now. Rather cryptically the teaser will make the oversight in question appear intentional.

Big Parvums are coming, the retail version will be larger than this one with more extensive support of watercooling components.

14. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Big Parvums are coming, the retail version will be larger than this one with more extensive support of watercooling components.[/QUOTE]
    Now we are talking my language.. That's some thing I would be looking forward to. Maybe even getting my hands on one when they come out.

15. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

They will be available at OCUK in the UK and worldwide from the Parvum website very soon. :thumb:

16. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

MAN I am glad to hear that. Then I MUST have one :D

17. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Well perhaps trying to spot our oversight was a little too hard on everyone, after all we didn't notice it for several days! The pump is positioned kind of backwards in the loop such that the coolant flows from the bottom to the top of the reservoir. This made filling the loop very challenging, but, we managed it! just...

[​IMG]

Having the coolant flow backwards actually makes for an awesome effect in the reservoir with the Aurora quickly rising from the depths and undulating out of the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are still a few little details to work through before it's ready for final pics but it's great to have one build almost ready for insomnia!​

18. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I started with black nickel in my build, I think they look great, but unfortunately I could only find 2 as it appeared there was a world wide shortage and ended up using silver chrome.

The build looks great, any chance of a full colour shot ? :thumb:

19. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Ah yeah that can be killer. I recall doing the onwards and upwards build before acrylic tubing was really much of a thing. Bitspower didn't really make C47's in mass at this point as it was just for the GPUs. I ended up using some red chrome and matte white as it still just about fit the theme to finish it lol.

20. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

ye I figured I could have done acrylic tubing with mine after I had already bought 50% of the compression fittings, was too late to change it at that point