1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: SiN and Sin Episodes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 29 Jun 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I still have this installed for the arena mode its great fun when you need to pop helmets off bad guys, the balance thing is interesting and frustrating at the same time as it some times makes it just a little too hard and kills that streak you were really enjoying.

Should probably play through the single player again, tbh i found it too hard for my liking and ended up with god mode on. I got it cheap probably just before ritual were bought out so i'm not all that sore that its not getting finished.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

There are points of the SP that are very hard admittedly, especially once you get to SinTower. If you're having trouble though then why not start the challenge slider really, really low? If the difficulty of the game starts off at the bottom then it'll very slowly increase in difficulty until it gets to the right setting...supposedly.

It's important to change between weapons a lot too. If you stick with the pistol into the end of the game for example and keep popping helmets and blowing heads off then the game will start to replace the grunts with more and more chaingunners. The pistol doesn't do anything for them and you'll need to swap to shotgun or SMG alt-fre, but you can keep their numbers a bit more reasonable by using grenades, swapping your arsenal around and shooting gas tanks.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Good advice, i think i'll give it another go over the week instead of my tf2 evening sessions though with the slider right down.

I'll try alternating the guns shame really, the pistol in SiN is about the best fun in any game, right up there with 47's ballers.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Why a spoon cousin?

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's dull, you twit. It'll hurt more.

That film is full of material that's oh-so quotable, even though it really shouldn't be.

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Got the original + expansion pak, always meant to pick up sin: episodes too, it's just one of those I games I never got 'round to getting.

8. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Sin episodes was ok - some very nice breasts though! - i did feel a bit ripped off when there were no more Sin episodes , HMMM that reminds me of another episodic game that seems to be M.I.A ;)

9. goafreak

goafreak What's a Dremel?

Play it, too, and enjoyed it as much as you did!

10. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Sin Episodes was a lot of fun. I was very disappointed when the series was canceled.

11. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

I had been waiting for this game to come out, but GS (sorry at that time I did know no thing about BT ) review of it disappointed me. I think only if I have a brother who bought it and installed it for me, I 'd give it a try.
    I can't remember how many times I have played NOLF2 (not "play through", just beginning levels, I hate boss fight), maybe more than 100:lol:, Warcraft3 (single map): maybe more than 1000:hehe:

Last edited: 30 Jun 2009
  12. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

sin episodes was great
    i remember completing it before they patched the broken difficulty system that never ramped the difficulty back down
    that made things interesting :p

13. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Oh, yeah. That was... real fun. I just thought the game was insanely difficult the first time I played through.

Tags: Add Tags