1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Corsair 600T Graphite Case Mod Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 2 Sep 2010.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

This Case Mod was done by bit-tech's MOTM Sponser, Mnpctech!
    [​IMG]

Customize your PC or window with custom Stickers from Mnpctech HERE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For any 600T owners, Mnpctech will install custom window in your 600T side panel

Email Mnpctech following information, pcbuilderATmnpctech.com (replace AT with @)

Include the following information
    1. Zipcode
    2. Carton dimensions for shipping your panel in, include HEIGHT x WIDTH x LENGTH
    3. Carton Weight

Another option we offer is a Clear Acrylic Replacement panel for $125 + shipping. (5 – 6 week lead time) (shown below)

[​IMG]

I recently installed a window in another 600T for a customer and posted a D-i-y guide on my blog, http://www.casemodblog.com/?p=6937

[​IMG]

I've got an exclusive preview of the 600T for you with HD video review to follow in another day or two before I perform the transformation :dremel:

I would describe the theme I'm creating as "Sci-Fi or Futuristic Military Equipment Cargo Carton" that has seen some action in the field. No bullet holes on this one tho, I want to create the illusion of it being indestructible. The drawings are only Conceptual. The final piece will be slightly different and much more detailed. A large portion of the construction will involve cnc milling PVC sheets.

I will debut a brand new custom LED lighting system for this project, compliments of I&H Accessories

600T is currently en route to online retailers and will retail between $149.99 - $159.99
    I've heard that some online retailers are already taking pre-orders, for less.

The following is from Corsair's website

Graphite Series 600T Manufacturer Product Information

The Graphite Series 600T is a mid-tower in height, but inside it’s positively cavernous. Easily accommodate even the longest graphics cards in the industry due to the reconfigurable hard drive bays. The increased space behind the motherboard tray allows clean, uncluttered cable routing. Up to six hard drive caddies, each of which can accommodate SSDs and standard mechanical disks, sit below the four 5.25" tool-free optical drive bays. If that weren’t enough, you can remove the top panel 200mm fan and install a 240mm radiator and dual 120mm fans for a quick watercooling upgrade.
    Features for Builders

Corsair innovated cable routing with the Obsidian Series™ cases, and the Graphite Series features the same ingenious design. Pre-cut holes in the motherboard tray with rubber grommets and plenty of room behind the motherboard to route cables for a clean, uncluttered interior. The optical drive bays are tool-free, the side panels easily detach with the built-in latch mechanisms, and the integrated fan controller allows you to choose between quiet operation or maximum cooling performance.
    Features include

* Twin 200mm cooling fans with white LEDs for excellent cooling
    * Eight expansion slots provides you flexibility for multiple graphics card solutions
    * Unique cable routing holes guarantees you a clean and clutter-free installation
    * Integrated fan controller, for up to four fans, gives you the choice of noise vs. performance
    * Tool-free optical drive installation makes building your system faster than ever
    * CPU backplate cutout makes upgrading your CPU heatsink easy
    * 2.5” and 3.5” hard drive compatibility for up to 6 drives — straight out of the box!
    * Two year warranty with Corsair’s world-class customer service and technical support

Specifications

Type
    ATX Mid Tower

Color
    Dark Graphite Metallic

Case Material
    Steel / Plastic

Motherboard Compatibility
    Micro ATX / ATX

External 5.25" Drive Bays

Internal 3.5" Drive Bays

Expansion Slots

Front Ports
    4 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x IEEE1394, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Mic

Cooling System
    1 x 120 mm fan
    2 x 200 mm white LED fans

Dimensions(L x W x H)
    23.30" x 10.40" x 20.00"

Weight (I believe this is carton weight and need to clarify this!)
    28 lbs.

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts
    2 years limited
    Labor
    2 years limited

A photo tour of Corsair's new 600T Graphite Mid Tower case before it goes under the knife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Updated 9/27/10

Cutting out the door and window openings, before I could use a Jigsaw with 18 TPI bi-metal blade, I made initial cuts in the steel panel with 1.5" Dremel reinforced aluminum oxide cutting disc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soss Hinges for the HD access door
    [​IMG]

ball latch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Mar 2012
  2. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Looking forward to this duder

3. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Great one is finished another one start.

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Good man! Looking forward to this...:thumb:

5. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

ANOTHER ONE???

:0

Do you sleep BILL?? hahhahah

Got to respect and admire you talent , a true inspiration for me !!!

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

*Pulls up chair*

I can hear you power tools already screaming for mercy

"NO! NO MORE! We can't cut anymore we're exhausted! District 9!, 800d!, Haf 922!, Fuzion! WILL YOU EVER STOP!"

Got a little carried away with that one my bad :p

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Holy guacamole! :D

8. Anubus

Anubus Minimodder

Woo!
    Another MNPCTECH mod!:clap:

9. cian1500ww

cian1500ww Drunken Irish Dude

Looking forward to this one !! :D

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

this I cannot wait to see the finished product

11. soul_train

soul_train What's a Dremel?

I wanna see what's coming! Go go Bill :dremel:

12. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

Interesting..... looking forward to see the paint job on this one...

13. Devious

Devious What's a Dremel?

I want this case myself, so looking forward to this mod!

14. mnpctech

Yes, no rest for Wicked...hehe

Thanks for tuning in and commenting guys! :D

Review

Corsair plans to offer window version, but won't reveal when.

200mm Fan specs are 76 CFM @ 24.2 dB-A, RPM of the 200mm fan is roughly 800 or so (+/- 15%)

Fan controller is at least 5W per channel

Release date for the 600T on Newegg in US is Sept 23rd.

Final Thoughts

Overall Design & Construction is Excellent, It’s steel, but feels similar to Aluminum
    Excellent Cable Management, anyone can make a cable job look nice in this case.
    User Features, fan controller, option for 240 Radiator, adjusts to different length PSUs
    Plenty of space, with room to accommondate larger video cards, removable HD cages layout options
    Good Filtering, the entire front is filtered, with easy access for cleaning the filters.
    Security, with discreet lock for the access panel.

WISH LIST

Window in Access panel version
    3rd 200mm intake fan in the Access panel
    Metal HD trays, instead of Plastic. fyi: Plastic releases on the optical bays are very durable.
    360 Radiator option in the top panel. The space is there... just need to revise the exterior trim design
    Color options, at least Silver.
    Not going to complain about the $149.99 - $159.99 price tag, I think it’s very reasonable.

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Goddamn that is a nice case. I'd love to have a crack at doing something with that but i'd be too afraid to touch it with tools lol

Can't wait to see what you do to it :thumb:

16. mnpctech

I can understand that Throbbi! I was a little hesitant to remove the exterior trim pieces for the video, hoping I wouldn't brake them.

17. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Feckin hell , Bill, when you said you had another one in the pipe, I thought you might of at least have stopped for a cup of coffee before ripping into it.

Feckin hell Bill...sounds like a good movie title.

The story of one mans never ending quest to single handedly change the face of PC modding for ever.

I gota go now, stuff the modding I've got a movie to be working on!

18. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

Thats quite a nice case.

I wish they kept the eSATA and got rid of the Firewire port though. USB3 is faster than Firewire but not nearly as fast as eSATA, and Firewire devices usually are compatible with USB2.0 anyways.

Other than that, this is the case that I could consider buying besides the Antec Performance One line.

19. mnpctech

@jeff, lol! gotta keep modding to keep the lights on :D and I'd love to do a modding doc. film and travel all around the world to meet the Modders!

@Lord-Vale3, if you can see in one person first, that will really help you make your decision. It's much nicer in person.

I'm working the drawing for the panels and should have more to share soon. I also figured some CM Sniper comparisons to the 600T may surface over time. The top fan control knob is a huge similarity, but otherwise entirely different cases. I dismantled a CM Sniper last year HERE It has overall cheaper quality molded plastic. The internal HD trays and tool-less latches in the Sniper are more susceptible to breaking. I busted the tool-less PCI releases not once, but twice! and I'm not hard on cases. The Sniper's top fan control is flimsy compared to 600T. The Sniper's MB tray is smaller, lacks cable the big holes. It does have perforated side panel and space for tucking wires, but only because of it's bulges. The Sniper has more fan options. It is cheaper than 600T if you shop around, $40 - $50 less... You either love or hate it's industrial style exterior... I do think the 600T's minimalistic exterior will have more longevity for most people's tastes.

Here are the fan specs I could find for each case. There is no proof anywhere that these are 100% accurate.

CM SNIPER Fan Specs:

Front: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (110 CFM, 500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA)

Top: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (110 CFM, 500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA)
    (can be swapped for two 120mm fans or 120x240mm Radiator)

Rear: 120x25mm Standard Fan x 1 (45 CFM, 1200rpm, 17 dBA) (can be swapped for 90mm fan or 80mm fan)

CFM Total = 265

Corsair 600T Graphite Fan Specs:

Front: 200x30mm White LED Fan x 1 (76 CFM, 800 rpm, (+/- 15%) 24.2 dBA)

Top: 200x30mm White LED Fan x 1 (76 CFM, 800 rpm, (+/- 15%) 24.2 dBA)

Rear: 120mm x 24mm Fan x 1 (42 CFM, 1200 rpm, 27 dBA)

CFM Total = 194

20. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I'm glad to see that there is already a new mod on the table Bill. I am extremely looking forward to this.