1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell U2311H vs Dell U2312H vs IPS231P-BN vs Eizo FS 2331

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Captain Awesome, 5 Nov 2011.

1. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome What's a Dremel?

Okay. Long title but it says all. I need a new IPS panel, and I'm getting one of those. In my country they are all roughly the smare price, even the new u2312hm.

As the u2312hm is new i would seem like the best of them but with the reviews that do exist of the U2312hm says it has worse blacks then the 2311H.

And the Eizo FS 2331 kindoff gives me a feeling it will provide, as it is an Eizo.

At last the IPS231P-BN is allways a good IPS panel with lots of reviews out there who says it's great.

Which is best, and why?

Thanks in advance :p

-CA

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

The Eizo 2331 is VA, not IPS.

Between the others, the simple answer would be the U2311H - whilst it doesn't have a better panel, it has the best backlight (CCFL vs LED).

But if it's for gaming, then really the entire comparison is straining at gnats tbh - they are all nice monitors.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The Eizo will have the best color reproduction hands down.

Although it will cost about as much as your hand.

5. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

If budget isnt an issue then my advice would be the Eizo because of its betters inputs (2x HDMI), colour reproduction (contrast and black depth are better than the other screens there), and cleaner looking AG coating compared with the aggressive ones on the Dells. Its a VA display so viewing angles wont be as good as the IPS ones, but how much you notice this is another matter altogether. Good review here where they actually compare it to the U2311 http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1288694516

If we're talking value for money then its the LG hands down, though.

6. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

If they all cost the same, get the Ezio.

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Please do not assume VA is inferior to IPS. I had a IPS 30" screen and replaced it with a S-PVA Eizo 30" because the black level, dark tones viewing angle, and colour accuracy were FAR superior.

Personally, my choice would be the Eizo.

I'm not sure from memory, but I don't think the Eizo is LED backlighting, and I'm pretty sure it's CCFL.

It is not very aggressively overdriven, which means low lag for gaming, but there will be some very slight trailing on fast movement.

Black levels, colour accuracy and richness, and excellent contrast would still make the Eizo my first choice.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2011
  8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

If they are all the same price... heck get the EIZO.
    5 year warranty too.

The only downside, is that the stand is not adjustable, and possibly slower than IPS due to the panel (depending on the performance of the overdrive circuit, and how fast the panel is).

After weighting the up and down sides... the EIZO is clear winner.

Better visuals, better screen (true 8-bit panel, from the looks of it), cool features, 5 year warranty and from a known and trusted name. At the loss of an adjustable stand (not that it can't be fixed with a monitor arm), and possible performance issue, if you play a lot of fast past games, but if you look at IPS panel already, I highly doubt it will be issue for you.

I am really interested to know how it is, if you go this path, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me lots of feedback, and pictures please :D

Last edited: 5 Nov 2011
  9. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome What's a Dremel?

I can get the Eizo for less then the LG. Will the Eizo do for League of Legends in terms of ghosting/input lag?

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

You're misreading what I wrote - I would say in a heartbeat that the Eizo is superior; the only reason I separated it from the rest was purely because OP said he wanted IPS - that's why I gave a recommendation choosing "between the others." Identifying it as VA was more of a correction than anything else. ;)

BTW I had a look at the Eizo spec and the 360 picture very much makes it look like CCFL.

@ OP yes get the Eizo... forget about ghosting and input lag, because it's not as big a deal as it's made out to be.

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

10-4

The Eizo will have low input lag, but at the expense of pixel response speed, so some light ghosting. I'd say it's an acceptable pay off for s screen that is superior in every other way. I'm in the same situation with my Eizo. On fast pans from side to side in FPS games, it looks slightly soft. Am I bothered?

LOL

No.