1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice How should I upgrade - Max £700

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iBeMonkayy, 20 Jul 2012.

1. iBeMonkayy

iBeMonkayy What's a Dremel?

Hello, I have found a very popular seller on gumtree.com who makes gaming pc's. I have checked his reviews on his ebay account (still gaming PC's) and they are all 5*. he has agreed to take £50 of the price if he sends me the parts and I build the PC myself. My question is shall I just go with the parts he is offering or shall I upgrade? (most of the posible upgrades are on the gumtree advert if you cae to look :D)
    Budget: I would like to have a ceeling of £700 but this may be broken if needs be.
    Main uses of intended build: Gaming, Filming gaming videos for YouTube, live streaming and occasional programming, video editing and graphic editing.
    Parts required: Everything except monitor and mouse (I need a keyboard!!!!!!!!!)
    Previous build information (list details of parts): A laptop the power of a toaster which crashes when using Google chrome.
    Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
    Storage requirements: 500gb - 1tb? I don't really know :/
    Will you be overclocking: yes/no Yes to around 4.3ghz - 4.5ghx maybe?
    Any motherboard requirements (no. of USB, Xfire/SLI, fan headers): I dont know what I would need. Some USB 3.0 ports would be nice :)
    Extra information about desired system: I would prefer the case to look nice :lol: but it is not a priority :)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/n...0ti-gaming-pc-computer-customisable/106450985 - Artical Link

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

You from the UK ? If so why not just buy the stock from Scan etc ? Surely cheaper than gumtree/ebay.

3. iBeMonkayy

It works out more expensive because of VAT and I am in the UK

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Really ? Link us to the advert as I find it hard to believe..what warranty is he offering, all sounds dodgy to me tbh,

5. iBeMonkayy

6. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

80mm fans..orly ?

Generic brand 750w psu

z68 board ? Z77 would be better.

Doesn't state which 560ti..

Wouldn't trust decent equipment in a cheap shitty case with 80mm fans, nor with a generic "750w" psu.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  7. iBeMonkayy

So I shouldn't go for it?

8. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Your money at the end of the day...if you build yourself you get better warranty. But the replies you will get on here will echo the fact that cheap power supplies ain't worth the metal they are made out of.

And I would put money on the " Genuine license and sticker" could be questionable....

9. iBeMonkayy

Ok I will just try and get some bits off scan :/

10. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I would back the scan option. Sounds weird.

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Mm, Z68 isn't Ivybridge unless I really am out of the loop?

And the power supply is a big point, it doesn't take much effort to build it yourself, and for £700 you should be able to build a decent pc.

12. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Wouldn't be any problem in building z68 aslong as ivy was supported, but kinda pointless now z77 is out.

13. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

14. iBeMonkayy

I changed the RAM so now the basket is: https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sh...ecf-dd6a-4bcc-b32f-29b71b2dda69#BasketDetails . Are you sure the PSU is good? I just don't recognise the bard that is all :) (im new to PC building though)

15. MightyBenihana

You can't change my basket so you just linked exactly what I linked you.

Antec is the same brand as the case in the list. The are a decent brand, not the best but very far from the worst. For the best you will have to at least double the price however, which you budge't doesnt allow.

Also as you are new to building PC's use the people on here as much as you need to, every mistake has already been made many times by us collectively.

Also the price includes scansure which means that if you break something when buildng Scan will replace it for free.

You will find it's not really that difficult, the hardest part, I think, I cable routing to keep the internals tidy, but this just requires time and patience really.

To everyone else, thoughts on the build?

16. iBeMonkayy

Thanks :) And I did change the basket. I linked you to my new one :) (I saved your basket then edited it as mine)

17. MightyBenihana

I can't view your basket, it just takes me to the login screen. You need to creeate an account, put the items in thebasket go to check out and then save the basket.

After, view the basket and there is an option to share the basket. Click it, copy the link then post that here.

18. iBeMonkayy

19. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

20. iBeMonkayy