1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your best purchase of the year so far?

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Cyph3r, 22 Jul 2010.

1. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

So we've just passed the halfway mark of the year, and while we've all probably splashed some cash in an irresponsible manner and soon after thought "why the hell did I press the buy button?!" what is the 1 thing you've bought this year that you absolutely haven't regretted once?

For me it's my Sony MDR-XB700 headphones. After selling my Z-5500's I didn't think i'd ever get the same kind of bass blast, oh how I was wrong... I've always liked big bass beats in my music but only really got into dubstep and fidget house and the like after selling the 5.1's, so I was pretty gutted that I couldn't afford another set. Fortunately on 1 of my usual mid week play.com rummages I came across these 70mm driver monsters for the more than tempting price of £69.99. I read a couple of reviews, checked my bank balance, hit the buy button and waited anxiously for the delivery day.

While it wasn't quite as exciting unboxing a pair of headphones as it was a 5.1 speaker setup as soon as I plugged them in and started playing some tunes I knew I was onto a winner. Not only are they uber comfortable, superbly well made and bloody massive the sound is phenomenal. Running through the X-Fi and playing tracks in loseless formats was sublime, and the bass? Playing some heavy dubstep these things will make your head vibrate, heck put them on a desk and any small piles of loose change you might have stacked up nearby will be going down like a couple of late game jenga towers.

Plus when the winter comes back round they'll make for an awesome pair of ear muffs.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The SSDs in my gaming & rendering PC. What an improvement! Also pretty much every tool and piece of equipment that I've bought for the workshop since the end of May, which is a lot of stuff!

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Oooo, that's a toss up between my Juwel Trigon 350 Fish Tank which i got for £100 (retail £799) or my iPad

Sam

4. K

K 528491

I was thinking probably my RayBan sunglasses... But then I remembered that I didn't even hesitate to drop WHATEVER amount of money on my 32GB iPhone 4. It literally had no factor in the decision and is easily my best purchase of pretty much any year.

5. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

I'd say switching from a single core sempron to an dual core athlon x2 250. I really didn't think it would make that much of a difference in fps, boy was I wrong. :) It was almost like when I switched from integrated graphics to a $30 8600gt.

6. Unicorn

This is how I feel about every iPhone I've ever bought, but my 3GS at the start of this year wasn't my best purchase, just a really, really good one :)

Maybe that'll change when my iPhone 4 comes in a couple of weeks ;)

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My monitor and a semi-decent internet connection

You wouldn't realize how much a decent internet connection would make in your day to day activities

8. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

ummm.. Between my ipad, ssd and monitor its a very difficult choice.

Intel X25m 160GB - Makes such a difference to my pc boot times its unreal and general response times.
    Dell U2410 - Amazing monitor to use day in day out, for gaming but not so much for browsing anymore because...
    Ipad 3g - Used for Browsing, Gaming and to read on (books, comics, newspapers)

But I think the Ipad just edges it to victory. I use it every day without fail since owning it.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

My 1953 Custom Omega Seamaster.

om nom nom.

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

My MDR-V506s for $10.

That or perhaps the new pair of Reeboks I got in Feburary.

11. will of fortune

will of fortune What's a Dremel?

Got to be my Dell ST2310 monitor, after building up my first PC, the move from a 15" laptop screen to this was oh so nice - although it does seem to have shrunk since I first got it, hmmm may have to upgrade to dual monitors at some point.

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

your mom

:thumb:

13. Unicorn

Nice nice nice. I don't think I ever did see a piccy of that. Got one upped anywhere?

I got a mint '74 gold Certina as a birthday present from my Uncle earlier this year. It belonged to my Grandfather, and was given to him when he retired from his job in the local council in 1974. It keeps perfect time, and there's hardly a mark on it :)

14. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Sapphire HD3870 for £30. Yes you may laugh at the age but best bang for buck I could have ever imaged, coming from an X1300 Pro with a sempron/pentium 4 the difference is HUGE and since I've got since an extensive backlog of games to play it's more than capable to guide me through my many PC games that I can now enjoy :rock:

15. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

samsung yp-r1 16gb paid about 60 quid for it, quite a steal. I need a decent mp3 player for everyday use, i hate cycling or going anywhere without some distracting noise. So the R1 wasnt just the best purchase in terms of cost its also the most practical thing i've bought all year.

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'll PM you.. :thumb:

17. Canon

Canon Reformed

All the CPC issues, as per usual. :blush:

18. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

Absolutely nothing.

Lots of money spent, all of it wasted. :thumb:

19. Unicorn

Ta :thumb: It's an absolute beauty! Health to wear it dude :)

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

My marshall AVT15 half stack

October likes this.