1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Would you die 5 years early if...

Discussion in 'General' started by mrdbristol, 12 Jul 2010.

1. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

...... you could attend your own funeral day ?

Random thought, but would you ?

The powers that be/nature have decided on your demise. Would you take 5 years off that date to attend your passing away celebration ?

RULES:

No negotations on your expiry date, whatever it was going to be - Its now 5 years less.

PRIZE ;

Full access to what everyone says about you, and full viewing of the event

Light hearted answers only, i don't want to offend anyone.

:D

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

definitely :D

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

nope, dont give a **** what they think of me

4. Penfold101

Penfold101 What's a Dremel?

If I said yes, then dropped dead instantly I might regret it...

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Absolutely not!

I suppose the 18 year olds in this thread would say yes... but trust me... once past 40, you suddenly realise that it all went fast... so no thanks... I'll take the extra 5 years. You can do a lot in 5 years. I also couldn't care less what people would think as I'd be dead.

6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I'll take the 5 years.

Here is one,

Would you die 5 years from now if you could know what happens after death?

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'd rather have five years.

8. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Nah, since when are people honest about the deceased during their funeral?

If funeral chatter is to be believed - we're all saints and the world is one big utopia.

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

No thanks, I'd rather have 5 more years

10. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Nope, I would take the 5 years.

11. Akava

Akava Lurking...

If I'm dead then I can't say I would be worried about what people think about me. If it was just a year earlier, then maybe, if only because of morbid curiosity.

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

19, but you're right, I'd ditch the five for the once in a lifetime (pun very much intended) chance to be at my own funeral. If I didn't I figure I'd always wonder, people's opinions don't mean too much to me, but curiousity is one of my defining traits and being given the chance to know something like how my own funeral turns out is just too much to pass up. It'd just be amazing to hear what people say, how it was laid out, where it was held, what the weather was like, everything.

Following that:
    In a heartbeat, provided that my choosing that has no effect on what happens afterwards. Particularly, I'd like to be certain that my choosing to die in five years did not count as suicide and net me a worse afterlife than it would otherwise be. I figure with a decent amount of religions having a similar idea of heaven and hell then five years of life could net me an eternal afterlife in heaven if I spend my last years faithfully. Or, if I'm right as an athiest I can spend the last five years having the time of my life knowing that there are no divine consequences and having complete confidence in my lack of faith. I figure that'd feel pretty good.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2010
  13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1

14. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

What if I'm going to die less than five years from now?

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Nope. I'm more interested in living my life than what people have to say about it.

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'd rather have 5 more years too

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I would die five years early to NOT attend my own funeral.

Now think about that one for a while...

Anyway, I would much rather know what people think about me before I die. After it doesn't really matter anymore.

Then again, maybe I don't want to know what people think about me. :worried:

18. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

+1

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah not a good enough reason.. if you've been to a few funerals you pretty much know how it's going to go anyway.. hmong funerals are the best- they lasts 5 days, lots of food and it ends with a shaman going on a hardcore rant all night while you sit on the floor..

the people who can sit it out all night are supposed to get some good traits and luck.. there is money passed out every couple of hours too (guess this keeps people there- you can end up with like 4-5 bucks) then finally when it's over the men kneel around the casket and there is a special last goodbye and he is carried out of the hall.. I really like the way hmong say goodbye

after he's buried they perform one more ceremony a couple days later.. there's a lot of tradition but this is probably the last generation that will do it.. the shaman ways will be lost

american funerals are very strait forward.. people are home in time for dinner.. I like the long way myself, I found it's easier to cope too

seen someone cremated once..had the funeral and then we all met at the place and they stick the coffin into this burner.. black smoke comes out the vent over the building.. you kind of feel like they left with the smoke

20. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I'm still not sure I HAVE 5 more years.

Nah, while I'm sure there will be some shockers, I'll pass on my own funeral. I'm to be cremated, and those that will receive my ashes will know what to do with them.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy everyone and everything I can, and do the best by them I'm able. Next year I'm going to fly to Scotland just to attend a wedding. No better reason than that-and it's for a person I've never met in real life (we work together on TBCS.) My girlfriend and have talked about the knot, but we've agreed if we do it it will be in full LOTR costume, with a herd of orcs to battle. I'm living all the dreams I've ever had that I can accomplish-and even if it turns out bad, I don't regret it. Life's too short for regrets.

I'll skip the funeral, but you're welcome to have a good time with me in the meantime.