1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Silverstone Raven R03 - Anomaly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mkh02, 14 May 2012.

1. mkh02

mkh02 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys been reviewing my new build in which i am looking to get the Silverstone Raven R03 case.

I was just looking over some back issues of Custom PC namely July 2011 and they panned the RV03 giving it a rating of 83% mentioning it is not as good as the RV02.

Yet in current issues it recommends it as one of the best cases alongside the Silverstone FT02.

On Scan it lists it as having the Gold award which it never got in the original review!

Am I missing something here?

2. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

I think they said it was too expensive the first time they reviewed it, but as the price had dropped in the second review they gave it a higher score.

This second review was part of a group test. Where they also knocked the fractal design R3 down for not having a USB3 header and fan controller. It does have these and has for sometime.

I think these errors were bought on by the change that was taking place at the time.

3. Meaty Pete

Meaty Pete King of the Potato People

I have the RV-02EW (with the penetrator fans) I like its looks better and it has the window on the opposite side which I was after. Not a fan of the RV-03 looks mainly cos of the 'champagne gold' and it seems very wide. But I like the top. Silverstone make great cases I love mine.