1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The John McCain Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by modgodtanvir, 24 Nov 2008.

1. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

The last few weeks have been hectic with all the Obama stuff going down, but I'd like to take a moment of your time to remind you of a really nice guy, who didn't quite make it.

I was rooting for an Obama victory all the way, so naturally I viewed the Republican candidate with a slightly jaundiced eye, but nevertheless, I feel for the dude.

We was a nice guy, and able politician and I for one, have no doubts about his integrity.

Here's to John McCain :thumb:

I wish him the best of luck in future political pursuits...

2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

The best thing I remember about him was his speech after Obama getting elected. He was very dignified about it.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That speech was the first thing I'd heard him say at length, because I only started paying attention when it was all over. The overriding attitude I'm picking up from people, though, is that pre-election day, in his campaign, he was a bit of a 'rear end', to put it delicately?

I wonder if maybe he did all the typical slandering stuff towards Obama simply because it was the 'done' thing, and he felt he'd lose ground if he didn't. I mean, when Obama didn't slag off McCain and respond to personal attacks, Time magazine interpreted it as a weak move and a lack of confidence :confused:

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

his best speech was his last...

5. iggy

iggy Minimodder

[​IMG]

good luck next time john mclane!

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well... his oven chips are good. :p

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

This is the guy who thinks it's funny to bomb Iran? Yeah, a great pity he's not dead yet. :grr:

Seriously, if he lived in the UK he'd be a BNP member and advocate building a fence along the south coast.

8. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

This man does not deserve my appreciation.

Period.

9. RTT

RTT #parp

I appreciate him... for losing :thumb:

10. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

tbh Barrack Obama's alright but whats the hoo har about?

Hes a democrat which means they run protectionist policies, which help no one least of all the US so what do you think is going to happen during the current economic climate? I've got to side with the republicans on this if a company aint strong enough to survive it should die.

Like the big car firms which want bailing out but simple fact of the matter is they've been a state for a long time and prolonging there life is only going to prolong the pain.

Not saying I'm against Democrats btw cause i really couldnt care since I live in the UK but I dont agree with protectionist policies which atm are a pretty big thing during a downturn.

Does anyone who's commented on this thread read much political commentary? Because McCain aint all that bad hes a centralist basically with some right wing views, but he doesnt talk about his religion or force it on anyone, he agrees with open economics. Hes alot better than previous US presidents e.g Regan & Bush and he would of won more than likely if he came across anyone other than Obama who managed to get the youth vote out by not saying alot but promising change? But what change?

(Oh I wanted Obama to win just dont think you should slam someone when you hear the odd news soundbite)

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I will not bring anything useful to this topic by saying that I couldn't care less about John McCain

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Need I remind you that it is the Republican administration that launched the bail-out plan, which is protectionism in all its glory? I could also refer you for instance to the sugar cane plantations in Florida. Wellfare queens if ever I saw them. Or how about the Iraq war? Protectionism of the oil industry on an epic scale.

Please, don't buy into the stereotypes.

We've been reading it; not sure you have...

13. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

God was waiting on Iraq and I agree with the bailout like it or not but if the banks went down alot of familys would lose alot of money, GM Ford and Chrysler are very different animals...think MG but american. Not saying Republicans are brilliant but I am saying dont be saying stuff about John McCain when his overall policies you know very little about, such as his free trade principles which benefit every nation, rather than European protectionism. Believe it or not John McCain is very different to President Bush.

What the Iraq war was for I dont know and I dont think we ever will, you want to believe oil go for it and I think we should pull out and I dont agree with McCains stance on abortion, but it dosnt make him a bad candidate. Look at his climate change policies which he genuinely believed in.

Both candidates have positives and negatives just alot of people listen to the media and write people off. Like Barrack Obama genuinely giving little detail on what he would acctually do.

14. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

15. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

*stops reading post

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I did the exact same thing

17. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Not to be that guy, I appreciate your opinions, but could this be moved to the "Serious" section of the forums?