1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Forza Motorsport 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Nov 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

As you are reviewing large console game releases, how about an Uncharted 2 review...or indeed any PS3 game for that matter.

3. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

Far out! Thanks for the review!
    My mate showed me Team BlackJack's drift video on youtube. Its simply ultra-realistically-amazing.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

They don't review in-house PS3 exclusives as Sony doesn't send them review code, only third-party developers do. Uncharted 2 doesn't really need a review anyway, since it's received near universal critical acclaim.

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

good review. think 9 is about spot on

the black jack vid is great

6. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

i havent seen the review yet but like always bit-tech gives almost everything a 6 or 7 even if it was good game

7. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

dayum a 9
    sweet i think they fired the guy that gave 6s

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

Why don't you actually bother reading it then? :rolleyes:

9. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

touchy

10. kempez

kempez modding again!

Possibly because that was a ridiculous comment. Yeah it's a terrible thing that BT don't give all games dubious 9 scores isn't it?

Or maybe not ey? Maybe they actually score on merit? Jesus there's some stupid people around.

11. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

well after bt gave nfs a low score i lost all hope "__"

12. kempez

kempez modding again!

Lol :p

it's all about opinions when it comes down to it. BT has a quite measured opinion of games. NFS is good but it's nit always for everyone.

I've got Forza 3 now. A good stop-gap whilst I wait for GR5 :)

13. dec

dec [blank space]

i hate that AI in racing games as of late. Just cause i move a car out of the way doesnt mean that car gets to dump me in the next lap. Its like the programmers knew about it and decided to put the rewind feature in, instead of fixing it. The only time they AL should dump you is if you dump them....

14. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Those pics look rendered to within an inch of their lives..........no video then?
    If it looks remotely like that i will be getting my flexible friend out.

15. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

That's Visa, not Mr Pinky.

16. Mister Slimm

Mister Slimm What's a Dremel?

This review is inaccurate.

"Unlike the previous Forza games, you're no longer able to spend your way to winning. The new class system prevents you from entering cars that are ridiculously powerful compared to your opponents in the race."

Not quite accurate. A lot of races are not class-based (for instance Toyota versus Nissan and all-single-manufacturer races) and you can enter a car of any class into them.

"The amount of experience you receive after each race depends on the game difficulty setting you choose and the good thing is that there's a lot of depth in this part of the game."

This is completely wrong. It doesn't. Your XP earned is the same regardless of difficulty or assists. The amount of XP earned in the single-player game is, therefore, fixed and there is no XP reward for playing on harder settings. You earn more or less money, but money is meaningless as you get given dozens of amazing cars for free and never need to spend a single credit to win any race. Because money is meaningless there is absolutely no reward, other than personal satisfaction, to playing on hard. The only way to reduce the XP you get is by hiring an AI driver to do the race for you.

Oh yes, you can complete this game without doing Any. Racing. Yourself. It is a racing game where the racing part can be turned off and as the AI driver is completely non-interactive, there is no game part either. You just watch it.

17. Mister Slimm

Mister Slimm What's a Dremel?

Those pictures do appear to be the promotional renders but the game really does look just about that good. It is a wonderfully crisp, incredible looking game.

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

QFT.
    Was about to mention the "[manufacturer] cup races" - try taking an M3 GTR tuned to R3 levels into the BMW cup... breaks the game...

As for the screenshots - photo mode DOES look that good.:rock:

19. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

Agree with the review, it's a great game.

The only thing is being mainly a PC sim racer (GTL, RACE 07, Evo) i'm used to putting the AA and AF right up so there aren't any jagged lines so i'm noticing it a lot on the 360 (even though i'm using a HDMI cable etc)

20. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Need to point gunsmith to this review, he loves his racing games but will never play this game as he hates the xbox, lol what a pitty as this is such a great game and dare i say it, is the new king of racers, GT5 will have a hard time to beat such a great title.

Tags: Add Tags