1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding - What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by davido_labido, 11 Jan 2017.

1. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Hey guys! Some of you might have seen that I have just got a new job with bit-tech! I will be dealing with all things modding including tutorials, reviews and of course, builds.

You can read more about who I am and what I do HERE.

As always, I want to know what you folks actually want to see from us. Let me know what you want to learn and I will do my best to get a tutorial online.

For now, the tutorials will be text and photo-based, but in the future we are hoping to ensure everything is uploaded in glorious HD.

So, do you struggle with cable sleeving? What about hardline tubing? Or even something a little simpler like drilling a hole in an acrylic panel? Well, let me know and I will do an article on it! I'm looking to do beginner, intermediate and advanced tutorials, so all ideas are welcome.

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Risk assessment. Although that's more so that you don't maim yourself before the other articles are done :D

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I'd like to see that:thumb:

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Tbh, it'd be cool to see a mod progress with tutorials for each bit! Like how you do a lightbox/psu shroud (for those with older cases), Gpu backplates, hardline tubing, how to best organise cables for cable tidying etc.

That way, all the beginners can see how the build progresses and can follow the guide as a template for making their own mods or improvements on their builds.

5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That would be handy, I have no clue and give up quickly on that front!

6. davido_labido

great ideas guys, jotted them down so I can look into them all and figure out a way to show you as clearly as possible.

I will also be doing some things with some well-known modders, so if there are any modders that you see that you want some extra info on, tell me! I will hunt them down and find out how they do what they do!

I want bit-tech to be a fountain of knowledge regardless of how much experience the modder has.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'd be interested in a piece/series on your recommended tools & techniques for modding projects of varying complexity, taking us from beginner to advanced mods.

8. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

This :thumb:

9. mal

mal What's a Dremel?

I would not mind seeing more on this. Mainly, which tools are better than others to get the job done.

mal

10. davido_labido

This will definitely happen if I get my way, I do a lot of sleeving and have most of the tools already :)

11. davido_labido

bumping this! Still wanting your ideas folks!

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'd love to see a build from start to finish with a tutorial on everything done. Even stuff such as cable management and allow feedback from users on what to do for the build.

13. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Techniques for draining / filling W/C setups would be handy. My triple rad/triple gpu/cpu setup needs changed and the thought of it terrifies me > <

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

A comprehensive cable tutorial, not just a quick pump'n'dump crimp job. Something with cable pinouts, lacing techniques, 3 or more sleeving techniques, and common names and types of headers/pins used. Don't forget that wacky USB3.0 with the odd pin spacing.

Someone needs a 'one-stop-shop' info dump in one place, and it should be Bit.

15. davido_labido

Aaah, nice idea, I like the idea of a 'community build' where we all help to choose how the build progresses and we try and work off multiple ideas.

This is a good idea too! There are quite a few ways to fill and drain a loop and there is no real right way, so it might take a while, but MakiRole actually messaged me to expand on this idea and if we can make it happen, we should be able to get some rather nice content :)

I have already asked to do this and it looks like it will happen. I am a big fan of sleeving, I sometimes just sleeve to keep my fingers busy whilst watching a film, even when it isn't for a build! I want to also do videos for this too, but that will mean time in the office which is quite a distance for me at the moment. Soon though, I might even start doing a written tutorial before I do the video stuff :)

16. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Modding has changed so much in the last few years. The style and materials being used. CNC is the main stay now, where as a few years ago, people actually got a bag of tools out and got stuck in. I have always and still prefer to work this way.

Maybe a back to basics article could be done, with possibly a follow on of what can actually be done with a bit of skill and hard work.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Some 3D printing stuff would also be cool. Not sure how it would be implemented. Maybe some sort of GPU stand to prevent sag or some form of PSU cover? Custom windows is also an area which i find really cool.